⇢ ˗ˏˋ 003 ࿐ྂ

•─────────•°•❀•°•─────────•┊❛The Current Future & Encounter❜┊

┊❛The Current Future & Encounter❜┊

. . . . . ╭──╯ꕥ╰──╮. . . . .
003
. . . . . ╰──╮ꕥ╭──╯. . . . .

(2018)
(Third POV)

Meet with a certain person during your middle school time," Naoto's voice broke through Takemichi's tired haze as he struggled to focus on the detective's words, the strain of his recent efforts evident in the bags under his eyes. "A certain person?" Takemichi responded, his confusion apparent as he tried to process the new information thrust upon him.

"These are the 'Toman' leaders," Naoto continued, his voice intense as he slammed his hand onto a pinboard covered with information about Toman's leaders and any relevant details he had gathered. "Manjiro Sano, Tetta Kisaki, and {Y/n} Kibutsuji."

"Scary," Takemichi interjected, his mind racing to make sense of the implications.

"Listen, if Tetta Kisaki and Manjiro Sano never cross paths, then the current Tokyo Manji Gang wouldn't exist. I'm not entirely sure about {Y/n} Kibutsuji's role in this situation, but be wary of her. In other words, there would be nothing for my sister to get entangled with and ultimately killed by."

"I understand. So, if I can go back to my middle school days and prevent those two from meeting," Takemichi replied, his understanding slowly taking shape.

"Then Toman wouldn't come into existence," Naoto affirmed, his excitement palpable.

"But how am I supposed to travel back in time?"

"I know the 'trigger' for time leaps."

"Huh?"

"When I shook hands with you twelve years ago, I felt that the 'you' inside past Takemichi vanished. The 'trigger' for time leaps is shaking hands with me. Perhaps I am 'one part' of your ability, given that you saved me."

Takemichi's mind spun as both he and Naoto drew closer, their hands poised to shake. "Are you ready?" Naoto's voice pierced the uneasy silence that had settled in the room, the tension almost tangible enough to hear Takemichi's racing heartbeat.

"Yeah."

"Sano and Kisaki. Those two are destined to meet in August 2005. It doesn't matter which one, but you need to establish contact with either of them. Let's collaborate and prevent that fateful encounter."

"Alright... I'll do whatever I can," Takemichi replied, attempting to calm his nerves amidst this pivotal moment.

"You are the only hope for saving my sister," Naoto asserted, his hand extended but his confidence momentarily faltering.