⇢ ˗ˏˋ 005 ࿐ྂ

•────────•°•❀•°•────────•┊❛I wonder if this is foreshadowing

┊❛I wonder if this is foreshadowing.❜┊

. . . . . ╭──╯ꕥ╰──╮. . . . .
005
. . . . . ╰──╮ꕥ╭──╯. . . . .

The scene was filled with a mix of laughter and tension. As I struggled to stifle my laughter, nearly doubling over at the absurdity before me, a plan formed in my mind. This would be a moment to savour, to later taunt him with. Maybe I'd even share this hilarious story with the other captains; it was just too good to keep to myself. I moved to slap Draken on the back, ready to revel in the hilarity, but his serious expression gave me pause. Glancing at Manjiro, I saw the same seriousness etched onto his face. Oops, I seemed to have missed the memo on maintaining a straight face. I was supposed to be serious too.

"Takemichi, let's go!" Hina's confident voice broke the tension, as she grabbed him and began pulling him away. "You mustn't do what these people want. I will protect you."

But before they could leave, Draken's voice cut through the air, his grip on Hina's arm tight. The atmosphere had shifted, and it seemed both Draken and Manjiro were on a completely different wavelength today. "Oi, I'mma murder you, bitch," Draken growled, his anger palpable. "You just gonna slap someone and then say 'See ya later?' Don't make me laugh!"

"I laughed," I admitted softly, still finding the situation rather amusing.

Hina's reply was sharp, her tone unyielding, "What part of this is a joke?"

"Hah?"

She continued, her voice holding a stern edge, "Coming into their school and forcing someone to go with you isn't something a friend would do. Lately, Takemichi has just been covered in wounds. If that was because of you guys, then I won't forgive you."

Takemichi finally stepped in, releasing Hina from Draken's grip and placing his hand on his shoulder. His voice was unwavering now, as he faced Draken's aggression. "Let her go," Takemichi's tone demanded.

"Hah? Watcha say? I didn't quite hear you!"

"I said, let her fucking go!" Takemichi's shout echoed, a rare occurrence considering Draken's usual status as someone not yelled at. "You dumbass!"

The tension escalated further, voices crackling with anger. "You bastard," Draken's voice dropped, his head tilting down toward Takemichi, who instinctively shrank back. "Who the fuck do you think you're talking to?!"

"I ain't gonna give her up a second time!"

"Hey, Jiro," I whispered to Manjiro, leaning in close, seeking an explanation for Takemichi's odd choice of words. He responded with a nonchalant hum, equally perplexed.

"Hah? A second time?" Draken's confusion mirrored my own.

But then Takemichi's tone shifted, his determination cutting through the tension like a blade. "Just promise me one thing," he declared, his gaze locked onto Manjiro. His sudden change in demeanour caught my attention. "Hm?" Manjiro's interest was piqued.