Deviation

It's been almost three hours of reckless bus riding, and I dare say I'm bored out of my mind. I'd ask my best friend, Winter, if she wanted to do anything, but she was dead asleep. So was my other friend, Mason. His face was smashed against the window, but he didn't seem to mind in his sleeping state. My phone had died long ago and I decided to close my eyes.

I was awoken from my slumber by the bus violently shaking, before turning into its side. A couple of my classmates let out a scream as they collided with the wall. I winced in pain and proceeded to wake Mason up, who was a very heavy sleeper, before crawling out of the bus. A kid in a baseball hat was trying to open the trunk of the bus- to get his lunch, I presume. I looked back inside the bus and to my horror saw Winter trying to pry the bus driver from their seat.

"Winter! Get out of there!" I screamed. She turned to me, a look of fear and hesitation on her face. Then the bus exploded, sending Winter flying. That was the last thing I was aware of before I blacked out.

"Welcome... I need your help."

I looked around the room I was in, slightly confused. I appeared to be in some sort of dorm room, in a place I had never been before. I was relieved to see both Mason and Winter alive, although I couldn't say well- at least not for Winter. Her leg was probably broken, and she definitely looked like she was in pain.

"My blocks fell over... all you have to do is find them and put them back. Good luck."

The door in front of us opened, and I rushed over to Winter. "Winter! Are you alright?"

She gave me a faint smile. "In comparison to the bus driver, yes."

I nodded my head, relieved that she still could crack small jokes. "You should stay here. I'll go out and collect the blocks so we can leave this place."

"Good luck, y/n," Winter said.

I hurried out of the room and into what appeared to be some sort of low budget movie set. I read the sign above my head and realized that it was apparently actually a low budget amusement park. The ride didn't work, so instead I went through the tunnel to the right. It kind of reminded me of something you'd find in the Backrooms.

There was a ladder going down, and I definitely didn't want to go down there. I didn't have a choice, apparently, because Baseball Cap Kid suddenly ran from the door in front of me, smashing it into my face and shoving me down the tunnel. I barely managed to grip the ladder, making my arm scream but saving my back.

"Sorry!" Baseball Cap Kid said. He jumped down, helped me up, and then opened the door. "Come on! Hurry, he's coming!"

I heard a loud roar, and decided to believe Baseball Cap. I quickly ran out after him and picked up a block I saw along the way. "Who's that?" I asked.

Baseball Cap shrugged. "I don't know- but I don't want to be around him- he was chasing me!"

I turned around just as a gigantic blue creature opened up the door. "Ooowwwwww owwww owwww!" He roared before pursuing us. We continued to run, going up a ramp and past a weird machine thing, before ducking into a locker room of sorts. His footsteps were approaching and we knew he'd seen us enter.

"What do we do?" I asked frantically.

"Put these on," a voice whispered behind me. "He can't see you when you're wearing one."

A box suddenly landed on top of my head. I heard a second thump, likely a box landing on top of Baseball Cap's head. The blue thing entered the room, but didn't seem to see us. I heard footsteps as Baseball Cap walked backwards (I'm assuming) slowly, but the monster didn't seem to notice. Nonetheless, I silently pleaded for him to stop moving, though.

He made another noise before leaving. "Are you still here?" I asked.

"Yeah," Baseball Cap said.

"Me too," said the third voice. "It should be safe now to take your boxes off."

"Thank you so much," I said. "You're a lifesaver." I took off my box and turned towards my hero. My eyes widened in surprise. "Wait. You're a-"

"Monster!" Baseball Cap screamed, before rushing out the door in a panic.

"Oooooaaaaawwwwwwwwwooooooo!!!!" Blue roared. Baseball Cap screamed again, but to my horror the scream was cut off. Baseball Cap was dead.

"I should have known something like that would happen," the monster behind me said softly.

"Who are you? Who is he? Why are we here? Did you trick us?" I asked.

"First of all, I love all your questions." But here's the most important thing. Green is coming soon. He can feel through the boxes, even though he's blind. Red is always watching. My name's Cyan, and I can try to help you survive. For starters, take that block to the theater you passed." He... she? Narrowed her eyes. "We need to stop Red once and for all."

I supposed that it was all the help I needed for right now. "Thanks, Cyan," I said. I put my box on and then slowly crawled out the door. The coast seemed clear, so I beelined it for the theater, placing the final block on the table.