Education

"Wait up for me! Please!" I turned around to see Yellow running after us.

"Alright, Yellow," I said. "If you want, um... should I call you Scarlet or Winter?" I asked, turning towards the female version of Red.

"If you want to you can call me either one, Cyan,"  Scarlet replied. "I don't suppose we'll find a way to get me back to normal anytime soon."

"About that," Yellow said. "I owe y/n and Mason... and Scarlet, I guess. Anyways, Red did something different to her than the rest of us. We need to head to Banban's Kindergarten as soon as possible."

"What for?" Y/n asked.

The answer has hit me like a propeller to the face. "Because he used givanium in her, and that's the one place it started."

It took a bit of explaining to make Mason, y/n, and Scarlet realize that OddWorld wasn't the only place raising monsters that somehow both had souls and were soulless at the same time. By the time we finished explaining it, we had arrived at the doors.

"Let's get inside," I said. "Yellow overheats pretty quickly. And Scarlet might feel... pain soon."

After entering the building, Scarlet and Mason sat down to catch their breath (Funny, since I'm pretty sure I carried Mason). Y/n started exploring.

"Ah," Yellow said. "Excuse me, but I do like to take in air conditioning while I can."

"Um, guys?" Y/n asked. "I found a keycard of some sort."

"It should open the door on the right," I said, before turning to Yellow. "See?" I whispered. "We have better security at OddWorld then they do here. Ha!"'

"Cyan... you do realize that we are the security at home?" Yellow said reproachfully.

"Aww, you're no fun," I joked. I looked up at the sound of a button dinging.

"I found this drone in there," y/n explained. "I had to get the batteries first though, which appeared in the other room... like something is watching us."

"Creepy," Yellow said.

"Hey Scarlet, you okay?" I asked. Scarlet nodded her head, but remained quiet.

Y/n put the batteries into the remote. Pressing the button, the drone flew right up to the wall and smashed into it. "Why is there only one button?" Y/n asked. "Sorry if this takes a while." Y/n pressed the button again, resulting in the drone narrowly missing Yellow's face.

"Let me try something," I said. I decided to test how strong the door was. I raised my head, and then slammed it into the metal door. Alright- I hadn't known it was metal. It looked like plastic. But I basically gave myself the biggest bump I'd gotten in my whole life.

"Cyan! Are you okay?" Y/n and Yellow said at the same time.

"I'm fine," I tried smiling, not wanting to break down right now. So I decided to think about... about Ted. I sighed- hopefully he was alright. During this time Scarlet had stood up and grabbed two of the boxes from the drone room. She threw them at the two buttons and the door opened with a ding.

"You couldn't have done that earlier?" I asked, "and saved me a bump?"

Scarlet shrugged. "You did say to let you try something," she pointed out.

"Then... I don't know, stop listening to me," I grumbled. I peered down the hallway. It was very dark. "I should go first," I said, slowly letting my eyes adjust to the light level in the hallway.

"No, umm... I- I can," Yellow said nervously.

"You don't have to do that," Mason said.

"Everyone stop!" I hissed suddenly, spotting something in the darkness.

"Why, what's wrong?" Y/n asked.

I narrowed my eyes. "Do you see the bird, peeking out from inside the hallway?" I asked. Yellow's sudden jump backwards gave me an answer. He was so jumpy. I let out a roar and ran towards Opila (who I'd recognized as a mascot of this place), but she disappeared around a corner before  the lights turned on.

"Come on, crew!" I called, waving them over to the unnatural play area (then again- none of the OddWorld play areas were exactly very natural either). There was Opila, sitting in the middle with her jaws open, acting lifeless. So I decided to walk past her, skip her silly mission, and eat through the wood. I needed a keycard apparently, not that I could hold one well.

"Ahh! No, don't hurt them!" Yellow yelped. "C'mon, bird creature to bird creature?" With a roar I ran up behind him, picked up the now moving Opila, swung her, and threw her into the abyss.

"Bye, bye, birdie," I said. Turning back to my group, I noticed that Scarlet was doing better for the time being. "The givanium research must be in a lower level," I said. "Time to sacrifice more head to open another door!"

"Thanks, guys," Scarlet said quietly. We walked out of the fake play area and then ran. Towards a door. A metal door. But I wasn't going to stop now.