BBF/1

Mi-Sun's POV

[Location: High School Courtyard/ 12:45 P.M.]

"Sunny?" Yeona stared at me as I zoned out at the school courtyard.

"Mmm?" I say while in a zoned-out trance.

"You're doing it again." She laughs at me.

"Oh-" I refocus my attention towards her. "What were you saying?"

"Do you want to come over? My parents are gonna be home late and I thought maybe we could study there today?" Yeona questioned.

"My parents want me home today for some reason. I was thinking maybe you could come over to my house for a bit." I replied.

"That's okay with me. Maybe since it's a Friday, we could have a sleepover tonight...?" A small smile spread across her face.

"I'll have to ask my parents but I'm sure it would be okay." I too, smile back.

"Let's talk about it more. We should head to class." Yeona proceeds to get up and grab the sandwich wrappers.

-----------

[Location: Mi-Sun's House]

"I just don't understand this question," I say feeling frustrated as I stare at the unrecognizable math problem. "Did Professor Lee even teach us this?"

"Let me look-" She stared at it for several moments. "Why don't you ask your brother?"

I groaned in response, "That would mean disturbing him."

"Just get it over with or else we will never get this homework done." Yeona pushes me, along with the homework page, out of the door

"But-" She closed the door. I sighed. "Fine."

I walked towards the closed door. I really don't want to do this. 

I knocked three times on his door and heard the muffled "Come in."

"I-uh.. Have a question." I stared at the ground, feeling too nervous.

"Make it quick. I'm busy." Taehyun says in a rushed tone.

My eyes moved up and of course, I was right. He was gaming with... him. I felt my heart speed up as soon as we made eye contact. Yeonjun was over today.

Yeonjun was my brother's friend back in high school. They remained close even moving into college. Even being just three years older than me, he already felt like a grown-up. Maybe that's because of the way he treats me. For being his best friend's younger sister, he always saw me just as that, nothing more. But in reality, I wanted him to see me as I was. I always thought maybe after high school, I might have a chance, but each time I see his girlfriends, my hope lessens.