Breathlessly/7

Mi-Sun's POV

"Hi." I say softly on the phone.

"Hey." His tired voice spoke.

"Should we talk another time? You sound tired." I ask.

"It's okay. Just a long day. I was working on setting up the restaurant. There's a lot to do before opening." He said.

"Oh! I don't think we've talked about that much. So you found a place?" I spoke again.

"Yes! I just finalized things yesterday with the realtor and spent the entire day renovating." He answered.

"Would you like some help?" I responded.

"I'm sure you have better things to do." He laughed awkwardly.

"Nonsense. Let me help you. We can go shopping tomorrow for decorations." I could feel the excitement arrive inside me when I heard him say "Yes."

The next day approached quickly. I awoke to the alarm I had set the night before in order to wake up early. I got ready and put on a light layer of makeup. I set out to the address Yeonjun texted me. The area was a busy district during this time. Yeonjun will definitely be getting business.

I texted him letting him know I was here. He let me in through the doors and I immediately agreed with him. This place did need work... It was bare.. Lots of cobwebs... And the walls were stained from who even knows what.

"Thank you for making it. I definitely appreciate it." He smiled at me.

"Shall we?" I held out my hand to get a move on. 

We first went to the paint store and grabbed a fresh can of paint. In addition, we looked at some paneling options for an accent wall. After settling for some, we set them in his car and continued on our quest for tables and chairs.

"How do you feel about these?" I point to a set of darker wooden chairs.

"They might be good with the accent wall too. And the table we saw earlier might match perfectly." He agreed.

After settling on other details like the plates, eating utensils, and other minor decorations, we headed back to the restaurant to start painting. We laid the first coat down and took a break.

"Would you like some water?" Yeonjun looked at me.

"Yes please." I nod.

He came back with two bottled waters and paused to eat some takeout.

"So.." I paused. "Have you decided what food you want to make?" 

"Yes actually. I want to make some traditional Korean dishes that my mom used to make me." He smiled at my thoughtful questions.