After-Care/8

Mi-Sun's POV

I woke up the next morning with a small headache but despite the hangover, my body ached for other reasons. My mind returned to yesterday's events and I couldn't help but get turned on just from picturing it. Yeonjun was gone by the time I woke up, yet his touches still lingered. As much as I wanted to touch myself then and there, in Yeonjun's bed... It felt a little weird. So, I left before I could change my mind. I walked into the living room and to no surprise, Tae and Yeonjun were playing video games.

"Good morning," I say to both of them.

Yeonjun turned his head to look at me. "Morning." His attention returned back to the game.

They were so focused that after my small greeting, they paid no further attention to me. This made me feel so unwelcome and out of place.

"I think I'll head out. I have some things to do today with Yeona." I came up with a small lie to leave this awkward situation.

"Okay." They both spoke, while seemingly distracted from the game.

I left his apartment and walked home as quickly as I could. I couldn't tell if I was pissed, angry, or both. It was our first time having sex and he barely spoke to me today. Maybe it was my insecurity over my performance or my lack of understanding of what exactly our relationship was that fueled my emotions. Eventually, I made it home and crawled into my bed. My body was sore, I was exhausted, hungover, and emotional. The day had just started, yet I was ready for a new day. I decided Netflix and ramen would be the best thing for this kind of situation. After a quick session in the kitchen, I put on a movie. Suddenly one movie turned into two, then two to three. In the middle of my third movie, I got up to grab some snacks at a nearby convenience store. As I walked out into the hallway, I heard a familiar voice that stopped me in my tracks. It was Yeonjun.. in my living room. I almost wanted to run back into my bedroom but I didn't want Yeonjun to have that much power over me. Plus I really did want the snacks... So instead, I kept walking to the door feeling more petty than ever. I ignored their presence until finally, I was outside. My heart ached even more when I didn't even hear a "hello" or "good evening" from him. I know I said that I wouldn't let him have this much power over me.. It's easier said than done. After making it down a block, I heard footsteps running in my direction which caused me to turn around.

"Mi-Sun." Yeonjun said while trying to catch his breath.

"What are you doing here?" I said coldly which caught him off-guard.

"You mean at your house.. or with you?" He looked at me puzzled.

"I guess both." I say, already tired from the situation.

"Are you mad at me or something?" Yeonjun looked at me.

"Do I look mad?" I respond.

"Kinda.. Did I do something?" Yeonjun went to grab my hand but I pulled away.

"So now you recognize my presence..." I say in a sour tone.

"What do you mean..? I always have noticed you Mi-Sun." He frowns slightly.

"I just... don't understand. We were...intimate and now you ignore me." I say.

"I wasn't ignoring you.. I just was preoccupied." He answered.

"With a game yeah I saw.. But you didn't even seem to care when I left." I frowned.

"Didn't seem to care? Why do you think i came over? Why do you think I chased after you?" Yeonjun seemed more upset about the misunderstanding.

"It just... seemed that way to me." I trail off.

"It's hard spending time with your brother around. He asked to hang out, which I haven't been doing much lately because I've felt guilty about the whole thing.." Yeonjun looked into my eyes before adding "-And not that I'm guilty about us.. but just not telling others about it."

"What even are we Yeonjun?"

"I wanted to talk about it, especially since last night. I don't want you to think that I just casually slept with you. I care too much about you. I do want to make things official. I hope you know that." Yeonjun answered.

"I'm just confused," I say.

"Does this clear up your confusion?" He says as he hands me a small black box with a bow on it.

Inside were two gold rings. I looked at him, still a little choked up to speak.

"I want you to be my girlfriend Mi-Sun. I don't want either of us to have any more confusion." Yeonjun looked deeply into my eyes and I could feel my tensed body soften.

"Okay." I nodded as he pulled me into an embrace.

He pulled away to take out the ring and placed it around my finger (promise ring guys, no wedding rings lol)

I once again focused my eyes on him as my hand reached for his. Yeonjun locked hands with mine and we started walking again. 

What we hadn't realized was that we had an audience the whole time..