~ cause i can feel a real connection... [aemond targaryen], complete. PART II

~ cause i can feel a real connection, a supernatural attraction. [aemond targaryen] [posted 23/03/08]

PART II (my blood, sweat, tears, and my cold breath, take it all away.)

as promised, here is the second part! the first part of this series contains a westerosi wedding, this fic will contain a valyrian wedding and the third part, well that's a surprise. reader is afab with she/her pronouns if requested i will write non-binary characters! i'd also love some feedback for this! i'd love some pointers on what you liked/didn't like about it! as always i tried to make reader an actual person who you could see yourself within but she's a lot more chill this chapter, only aemond and reader are in this so nobody is making a surprise guest appearance lol.

this fic contains: bolton!reader (now targaryen), valyrian wedding, valyrian wedding traditions (cutting each other so if ur squeamish to that maybe skip over that section), afab reader, no appearance indicators (except height, aemond is taller than you, reader cuts her hair due to impulsivity and frustration — your hair will be long enough to have u cut it to your shoulders), reader and aemond are both around eighteen-twenty-one (but this is some time before the war & that gossip girl thanksgiving worthy moment — the girls that get it, get it) [3,188 words]

Escaping your own wedding ceremony was easier than you had thought, the hallways were scarce with limited few dotted around. And those who were around would not stop the one-eyed prince from leaving his own ceremony with his bride.

You were thankful to Aemond, the bedding ceremony would have been humiliating, you knew your own parent's had one, and it had left your mother traumatised, thankful she had sons and only one daughter, it could minimise the generational trauma felt by that moment. You supposed in the two years of courting Aemond he had cared for you enough to refuse the outdated tradition all together.

"Will you be present tonight?" Aemond had asked you, confusing you as the two of you walked towards your chambers.

"What in the seven hells is that supposed to mean?"

"You were not mentally present during the wedding." It was a fact, he had noticed too much for you to comprehend. Would he hurt you for being such a disgrace? As though sensing your fear, he spoke, "You fret far too much, I just worry it had been something of my doing."

"Oh no..." The pause between words was present as you tried to come up with a reasoning for your actions, "It is just something I do, and I fear I never know when it is happening until it is over."

The grunt Aemond had allowed to escape him worried you, "I will be present tonight, crowds scare me and put my mind into high stress levels, but when we are together alone I enjoy my time with you."

It seems as though your explanation had fallen on deaf ears, however Aemond was simply analysing the event and your explanation. It seemed fitting that the both of you did not seem content in the world you were living in. With you escaping into your own mind while he focused his energy on fighting and learning.