~ i've never lost a game before... [aegon ii targaryen] [posted 23/04/22]

~ i've never lost a game before, i always see the end, overflowing with passion. [aegon ii targaryen]

a drabble of aegon and reader going to mini golf mixed with whiny baby aegon who's a sore loser & bad at mini golf and a hazard to himself. reader is afab with she/her pronouns, no appearance indicators as per. my requests are OPEN please send away! this is a modern au and fanon aegon is the only aegon to exist to me.

 my requests are OPEN please send away! this is a modern au and fanon aegon is the only aegon to exist to me

The moment you had suggested trying mini golf as a date, you knew it was a bad idea. Aegon was competitive and a sore loser, you had thought it could be fun, that the idea in theory was cute. However, Aegon with his personalty always found a way to ensure your plans were not cute nor would they go to plan.

The drive there was pleasant, Aegon had picked you up, allowed you to choose the music, paid for the both of you. Though, the smoothness could only last for so long. You'd made a bet, however many holes he potted before you, he'd receive a kiss in return. The first hole he would have considered a practice round, the ball had hit the propellers of the windmill, and you had claimed your victory.

The second and third holes were almost as bad as the first and his frustration was growing, "I can help you, you know?" you'd asked, though Aegon was too stubborn to even consider you helping him, "All you have to do is ask me." You think his pride would never allow him to ask you for help.

"I don't need your help, y/n, I can do it myself." You weren't so sure about that but wouldn't argue with him, he could be a handful at the best of times, his hand had grabbed yours — he was always like this in public, clinging onto you as though he feared losing you. "C'mon let's move on to the next course, it should be easier." You hadn't had the heart to tell him that the course did in fact get harder as you progressed.

At the eight hole it was ridiculous, you'd had to physically manhandle him due to his refusal to accept your help. Your arms had wrapped around his own, adjusting his grip on the golf club. "I can do it myself." Aegon had spoke, though you weren't having any of it. Continuing to manoeuvre him into a position which would allow him to get a hole in one. With your help he'd actually succeeded in his goal, though he couldn't exactly bask in his victory, it had made him more frustrated, and you hadn't helped in the matter. "Well done, baby. You should have accepted my help before now." You had pecked his cheek, wholesome moments were few and far between in public with Aegon — he had an image to maintain. He clearly couldn't let the moment linger before he was pouting. "See what happens when you accept my help? You actually succeed at things."

"Oh, for fuck's sake." His irritation and impulsive nature had determined his next move. Your winning streak already had him in a less than favourable mood, mixed with the fact he couldn't get a single shot, it was disastrous. He'd thrown the club before he could think — the splash echoed through the air as it dawned on him what he did, yet he couldn't process the next moment within his tantrum, the fall had been unceremonious, but it had hurt. He despised that damn miniature windmill and the curse it had placed on him in the first round of the game.

"Baby, I think we should leave." You hadn't known what exactly to do, Aegon's actions had caused an audience to form, you knew that your boyfriend would be headline news in the morning — probably an embellished story to go along with it.

You couldn't say you left without a trace — the golf club had sunk in the man-made lake by now, disrupting the floating golf balls, leaving a district club shape in the water. You couldn't tell if Aegon was embarrassed by his behaviour, or if he could truly feel embarrassed. He'd told you he was the family disappointment on many occasions and even if he did somewhat ruin the date you couldn't find it within yourself to be angry at him, you knew he had unresolved issues that he was working on.

"I think that will be a fun story to tell our future children," you had tried to lighten the mood while Aegon continued his silence. "I'm not angry at you Aeg."

"You should be."

"I know you'll make it up to me tonight." You couldn't hide your smirk, you knew Aegon would do anything to keep you happy.

i'm intending to post my aegon headcanons soon but idk when, i also intend to post a full length fic this weekend so watch out for that (i might also post another aegon drabble because i'm in an aegon mood)

i'm intending to post my aegon headcanons soon but idk when, i also intend to post a full length fic this weekend so watch out for that (i might also post another aegon drabble because i'm in an aegon mood). *to be crossposted on ao3 under the name hedonism!