~ say my name, call upon my name. [cregan stark] [posted 23/04/14]

first time writing for cregan (my beloved). reader is afab with she/her pronouns, no appearance indicators as per. this is perhaps less e2l and more misunderstanding exacerbated, it's also an idea i had on tiktok and i wrote this within 30 mins so if there are any mistakes i apologise. my requests are OPEN please send away!

If Cregan were to describe you in one word, it would be infuriating

If Cregan were to describe you in one word, it would be infuriating. You were almost always in the same place he was, watching on with judgemental eyes and an expression which very rarely changed. He could not stand you and your mispronunciations, your confusion seemed real, though it could have easily been an act with the way he knew you observed those around you. Yet nobody else could see through your facade except him.

"Hello, Cregan." You had spoken upon seeing him, mispronouncing his name as you typically did — not that he'd bother to correct you, he had assumed you were doing it on purpose to get under his skin.

He'd ignored you, choosing to pretend you weren't in the room with him, he was sure you knew his negative feelings towards you, it was hard not to, you were the only one he behaved this way to. He was lovely to your siblings, but the moment it came to being within your presence, it was as though he changed entirely. He hoped you would get the hint if he continually ignored you, yet it appeared as though you were oblivious as ever.

"I'm actually quite shocked to see you here." You continued, the here being the library you had spent most of your time occupying.

Social cues weren't your strong point, and you hadn't realised Cregan had taken so unkindly to the words you'd spoken as his glare followed your movement — turning the page of the book.

The continued silence wasn't new to you, Cregan was quiet, or at least he was around you. He barely spoke, and you quite enjoyed it, but to him, you were an annoyance, somebody who he found inescapable.

"Do you come here often, Cregan?" Again, you had mispronounced his name. Cregan had thought it was an accident when he had first met you, but your continued mispronunciations had indicated that it was in fact purposeful.

"Are you trying to get a rise out of me?" Cregan had asked. You hadn't expected his response, looking up from your book with wide eyes and a shocked expression.

"What exactly are you accusing me of doing?" You had stood up from the bench you had occupied, your open book left on the table, you hadn't known what you'd done, but you predicted you'd probably have to tell your siblings about the incident, and they'd shame you.

"You act as though you don't know too, that's even worse." He was stepping closer to you, the grip you had on the table had strengthened, though you wouldn't outwardly show the fear you had felt being put in such a position.

"Because you don't speak, you've never told me what exactly I've done." You were getting angry now, though you couldn't show it, games like the one Cregan was playing with you.

"You should know, y/n."

"Or perhaps you should tell me, I cannot read your mind." Your voice was raised at this point, though you weren't prepared for his next actions, not noticing how close the two of you truly were.

The built-up frustration had overtook Cregan, with your denying of your own actions and his need to shut you up, one hand had tilted your chin upwards and forcefully placed his lips on your own. It wasn't romantic in the slightest, and had taken you off guard. Not once would the idea of the wolf of the north kissing you entered your mind. Yet you couldn't bring yourself to push him away, basking in the attention of a man who you were sure did not know of your existence or even think about you, despite you being on his mind constantly.

He'd been the one to pull away, your thoughts were consuming you though you hadn't expected to find out what was troubling Cregan so deeply.

"My name is Cregan." That was the moment you realised exactly what you'd done to irritate the man so much.

"You could have told me I was pronouncing your name wrong, you've made me look as though I'm a careless idiot."

"That's not exactly hard, is it?" You'd happily take Cregan like this, then the grumpy man that looked at you with such hatred in his eyes. You couldn't tell how he looked at you now, but it certainly was not with hatred.

i actually really enjoyed writing this! x  has to put up with my unhinged fic idea thoughts on tiktok

i actually really enjoyed writing this! x has to put up with my unhinged fic idea thoughts on tiktok. i hope y'all enjoyed reading this as much as i enjoyed writing it, it's not proof read properly so if you see any mistakes pls be kind to me! crossposted on ao3 under the name hedonism.