~ come into my _world, won't let you down. [aegon targaryen ii]

[posted 23/03/29]

Hi lovely I would love a "good dad aegon" something whatever you'll like!

i hope you don't mind i wrote this in both canon!verse and modern!verse. i've rly spoiled you nic, going on fanon aegon vibes and those vibes are purely me changing aegon's actions and i think you vibe with that too. pls lmk if you liked it, both are more drabble vibes! reader is afab w she/her pronouns with no appearance indicators as per but your kids have purple eyes so that's cool.

 pls lmk if you liked it, both are more drabble vibes! reader is afab w she/her pronouns with no appearance indicators as per but your kids have purple eyes so that's cool

[canon(fanon)!aegon]

The marriage between yourself and Prince Aegon had made you somewhat recoil at the prospect, you had known of his reputation, even in the Iron Islands, but your father had all but dragged you down the aisle to a man who most likely wouldn't care about you or your future children.

Ten months after you had been wed, you'd given birth to your first child, a son who had been born in the winter, you were sure Aegon would not be present in either yours or your child's life, leaving the raising of him to be dealt with Septa's and the like. It had surprised you to see the Prince take on such an active role. Perhaps he like you was not happy about the match but also viewed your child the same way you did — your own. At first, you had wondered how he'd react when the child had almost all of your features except his eye colour, he had got the purple eyes you so deeply adored.

It hadn't crossed your mind that Aegon would have sought out your child, especially so late into the night — you had assumed the man would have been drunk, he drank so much you often feared for him, though the seven-month-old babe was content as far as you could see, he was babbling to his father and while you felt as though you were being intrusive on such a tender father-son moment it had warmed your heart.

Aegon's voice was low and soft as he rocked the babe, your heart had fluttered as you watched on, not wanting to disturb the serene moment. Though it seemed you hadn't been as stealthy as you intended, as Aegon had looked up at you, most likely expecting a wet-nurse or someone from the council coming to disturb him.

He hadn't expected to find you or the nervousness that had possessed him, "would you like me to leave?" he'd asked as he switched from High Valyrian to the common tongue.

"Do you want to leave? Do you want me to leave?" You had asked, still standing in the doorway, ready to leave if Aegon chose to not have you within his presence.

"Both of those questions will get the same response from me — everything is easier when I'm in his presence." Aegon responded, alleviating your worries.

You hadn't spoken, instead you sat down on one of the chairs near the fire, it was wonderful seeing Aegon dote on your child, talking to him in interchanging High Valyrian and Westrosi, you doubted you would be believed if you had told another soul of his attitude towards both you and your child. Perhaps it was in the moments of sober clarity that he realised his need to be loved and for his family to care about him, but you rarely saw him drunk — that theory had felt unfounded.