1.2 parents

"Alright, sweetheart. Ready?" Will was smiling down at the pale black haired, blue eyed 4 year old girl in front of him. Their daughter.

She didn't even answer him, her eyes lit up as Nico walked into the room. "Daddy, daddy, daddy!"

"Someone's excited." Nico smiled as he picked her up, placing a small kiss on her cheek. Will grinned and placed an arm around Nico's shoulder, kissing his temple.

They'd moved to New Rome a few years back and gotten married not too soon afterwards. Maybe little Emma wasn't biologically their daughter, but she might as well be. Her parents died during a quest when she was one.

Now, Emma wasn't a dumb kid. She obviously knew her parents were different than other people's. She questioned Nico and Will about it one time, and, well, they told her the truth. That they took her in after he parents passed away. That they loved each other even though they were both male.

"Did you cut the crust off of my sandwich?" Emma asked, rubbing an eye.

"Yes, darling. We have to leave now, though. We don't wanna be late to your first day of school, now do we?"

"No!" She exclaimed immediately. "Let's go, let's go, let's go!"

Nico suggested they shadow travel but Will just scoffed and rolled his eyes. They got to the school in no more than ten minutes since it wasn't very far from their house.

Nico looked so worried the whole way there but didn't speak his thoughts until they'd actually dropped Emma off.

"Will, will." Nico shook Will's arm with a concerned look on her face. "What if the other kids make fun of her because she has two dads?"

"They won't do that, sunshine." Will said gently, taking Nico's hand in his. "And if they do, she'll be okay. She's a tough girl, she has you as a dad. Besides, Percy and Annabeth's son is there too."

"Flattery won't work."

"Oh, c'mon." Will smiled and leaned down, placing his lips on Nico's. "When we get back, we can have a movie night."

"With brownies?"

"With brownies." Will agreed and stopped in his tracks when he noticed Nico wasn't walking anymore. He turned to question him but couldn't since Nico had gotten on his tippy toes and connected their lips. Will wrapped his arms around Nico's torso while Nico wrapped his arms around Will's neck.

"What was that for?" Will laughed once they broke apart.

"Why does it have to be for anything?"

They got home fairly quickly and Will spent the rest of the day distracting Nico to stop him from thinking too much about Emma.

When the time came, Will left to collect Emma without Nico since he'd passed out on the couch while they were watching movies. He knew Nico would be mad at him, but he didn't really mind. He just looked so adorable sleeping.

"DAD, DAD, DAD!" Emma was yelling as soon as she entered the house. Nico woke up with a start, frowning a little. As soon as he saw Emma, he grinned widely and opened his arms wide, asking for a hug. She threw herself into his arms and started talking really quickly.

"Woah, Ems, slow down." Nico laughed. "You have to understand that I'm getting old and.. You know."

Emma giggled and slowed down her pace. "It was so cool. And I made so many friends. And the teachers were so nice, especially Ms. Andrews. And Ashton told me auntie Annabeth is having a baby girl. And Ashton's sister is gonna be our third best friend. And-"

"Who wants brownies?" Will called from the kitchen while Emma was explaining to Nico.

"Me!" Nico and Emma both exclaimed at the same time.

After laughing and exchanging stories, Nico's face turned serious. "No one made fun of you?"

"Well, someone tried to say something mean to me and then I made her cry because I have two dads and she doesn't." Emma grinned and Nico burst out laughing.

"Nico, don't encourage her!"

"That's my girl." Nico laughed and gave her a kiss on the cheek. Will came back with a smile on his face a plate of brownies in his hands. Will threw an arm around Nico as he sat down. Emma was still sitting on Nico's lap as he cuddled into Will.

"I love you." Nico murmured, and he wasn't sure to which.

"I love you too." Will and Emma said at the same time, both bursting into giggles afterwards.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡