1.7 employee au

"Hazel, I'm not sure I wanna do this." Nico sighed, glancing at his step sister, Hazel. They were currently looking for ties he could wear to Percy and Annabeth's engagement party. And since the only clothes he had were skinny jeans and black shirts, this was their only option.

"You are not wearing your skeleton shirt to an engagement party, Nico. Especially not Percy and Annabeth's." Hazel gave him a look, still looking for the 'perfect' color. He already asked if he could have a black tie, which only got him a glare. "You can wear a black button up and black pants, but not a black tie."

"I'll look ridiculous." Nico scoffed, crossing his arms.

"You'll look fine. So what-"

"May I help you?" A blonde guy walked over to them with a smile. He was tan and obviously over 6ft. Nico glanced at his name tag, 'Will'.

"Yes, actually!" Hazel beamed back at him, pushing Nico in front of her. "My brother and I are going to an engagement party and he needs a tie."

"Oh, piece of cake. Any color preferences?" Will asked, passing by Nico to stand in front of all the ties.

"Bla-"

"Not black." Hazel smiled at Will after elbowing Nico in the side. Will laughed and scratched the back of his head.

"Well, how about an in between?" Will asked. "Like a dark blue or a gray? Maybe even a burgundy if you'd like. I don't think brown'll look very good though."

"Genius!" Hazel squealed with a smile. "What do you think, Nico?"

"You can choose whichever one you like and I'll wear it." Nico said quietly, avoiding looking at the attractive guy in front of him.

"Thank you so much, uh.." Hazel said, her eyes scanning his name tag. "Will."

"No problem! Guess my job here is done." Will smiled and then looked over at Nico. "It doesn't really matter which color you choose, you'd look great in any of them."

Nico's face burned as he stared at the empl- Will. Will laughed again and walked away, knowing he totally nailed the line.

"He was totally flirting with you." Hazel squealed in a whisper tone.

Nico sighed, his face still burning. "I dont ca-"

There was suddenly a crash and the cute guy that tried to hit on Nico was lying on the floor along with the display he knocked down. He jumped up and laughed with pink cheeks, yelling, "I'm okay, I'm okay!"

Hazel glanced over at her brother after giggling. Nico had a small smile on his face, chuckling slightly. She laughed again, throwing an arm around Nico and dragging him over to the ties again.

"We all set? What else do we need?" Hazel thought out loud after they picked out a light gray tie.

"Did you get a dress?" Nico asked, pushing his hands into his pockets and discretely looking for the blonde employee.

"Yeah!" Hazel smiled up at her big brother excitedly. "Piper helped me choose it."

"What color is it?" Nico asked, smiling a little. It wasn't like he was dying to know, he just loved seeing her happy.

"its beige."

"Oh so like, light brown."

"No, Nico. Its beige."

"Beige is light brown." Nico argued, glancing down at her with a raised eyebrow.

"No, it isn't." They heard Will's voice call from a different isle. Hazel beamed at Nico, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Shut up." Nico muttered to her, cheeks flushing again.

"Whatever," she laughed. "Lets go pay."

They made their way over to the cashier and Hazel made small talk with the cashier. She turned around for a second to ask if Nico had change only to find him a little more than 10ft away talking to Will. She smiled and turned back to the cashier. Looks like Nico found a date to the party after all.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡