1.4 flirting

Nico was on his bed reading a book he'd burrowed from Annabeth when someone knocked on the door. Nico heard Will's voice from outside, "Knock, knock."

"Come in." Nico called out, placing his bookmark in between the pages and closing the book.

"No, Di Angelo! You're supposed to say 'who's there?'"

"Come in, Will." Nico repeated, rolling his eyes slightly. He heard a loud sigh from outside before the door opened and Will stepped in, looking far too happy.

"Oh, no. Why are you smiling like that?" Nico grimaced slightly, not denying he was afraid.

"What? You don't like seeing me happy?" Will's grin grew even more as he walked in and plopped down beside Nico.

"Not like this, no." Nico smiled just enough that Will would notice.

"So," Will said loudly. "Are you a bank loan?"

"What? N-"

"Because you got my interest!"

Nico stared, wide eyed, at Will before closing his eyes tightly like he was in physical pain. "Will, please do-"

He wasn't surprised by the pick lines though, he already knew Will liked him back. And Will already knew that Nico liked him. They just weren't the type of people who liked labeling themselves.

"Do you smoke pot? Because weed be cute together."

Nico had to laugh at that one. He was laughing so hard, no sound was even coming out. Will just stared and smiled lightly at how cute he looked.

"Are you a light switch? Because every time I see you, you turn me on."

Nico decided he could play along. He smiled and softly murmured in Italian, "tu sei la mia luna , il mio sole , e tutti i miei stelle."

(You are my moon, my sun, and all my stars.)

Will blushed deeply even though he didn't understand anything Nico just said. It was just the way he said it. Will smiled again and said, "Are you a parking ticket? Because you got fine written all over you."

"Mi sento perso in stanze affollate , ma nei tuoi occhi ho trovato casa." (I feel lost in crowded rooms, but in your eyes I found home.) Nico smiled softly, making Will blush yet again. Will grinned and laid down on the bed, giving Nico a look. Nico rolled his eyes and laid down next to him. They weren't touching at all, but oh god how aware they were of each other.

"Are you the square root of two? Because I feel irrational around you."

"è difficile guardare altri volti quando la vostra è l'unica cosa nella mia mente."

(It's hard to look at other faces when yours is the only thing on my mind)

"Are you a dictionary? Because you add meaning to my life."

"con te al mio fianco , anche i miei peggiori incubi sento come il cielo."

(With you by my side, even my worst nightmares seem like heaven)

"Are you a gun? Because your a stunner."

"ci sono tanti tipi diversi di arte, ma tu sei il mio preferito."

(There are so many different types of art, but you are my favorite)

"I don't understand a thing you're saying." Will laughed heartily, his hand inching towards Nico's.

"That's the point." Nico murmured gently, not pulling his hand away. Soon, their hands were intertwined. Neither said anything.

And so they laid there for hours, talking nonsense until they both fell asleep. Separate, independent, but connected. Only by their hands.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡