yes

We eventually get home, and the three of us go into the kitchen, where Conrad was sitting there eating.

"Hey Connie!" Susannah smiles.

"Hey mom." He smiles.

"Where's everyone else?" I ask.

"Belly's on a date, Steven and Jeremiah are spying on them." Conrad laughs.

"Who is the guy she's on a date with anyway?" I ask.

"Some kid named Cam, I think Jer's jealous." Conrad says as we both start laughing.

"Wait." Susannah says. "Is Jeremiah into Belly?"

"Conrad and I have been trying to set them up for years." I laugh.

"I could see them together." My mom says.

"Well, Connie, is there something you want to ask Val?" Susannah smirks.

"Valarie Conklin." Conrad smiles as he looks at me and I giggle.

"Conrad Fisher." I laugh.

He stands up and grabs both of my hands with his, and looks down at me.

"Will you do me the honor of allowing me to be your escort to this years Debutante Ball?" He asks as I giggle.

"I would love that." I laugh.

Meanwhile the moms are watching this interaction while laughing so hard they couldn't breathe.

"Oh you guys are so cute." Susannah laughs.

Conrad goes back to sitting down at the counter with a smile on his face.

"Wait do we have to go shopping again?" I ask.

My mom laughs. "No, they're encouraging you guys to wear the same outfits as last year."

"Thank the lord." Conrad laughs.

"Can you guys help us with dinner?" Susannah asks.

"Sure." Conrad smiles.

"We need to make Miyeok-guk," My mom says. This was a Korean birthday tradition meal, and we were gonna be eating it because tomorrow is Belly's birthday, but she'll be at a party tomorrow. "But it can't have any meat because Cam is vegetarian."

Conrad and I give each other a side eye before getting up to help cook.

"Also, Taylor will be here when they get back." My mom says.

"Alright." I smile. Even though I'm not a big fan of Taylor, she made Belly happy.

The moms go outside to grill some stuff, while me and Conrad set up the table and cook.

"You excited for the ball?" Conrad asks

"Yes and no, It'll be fun but weird to be back there again." I say.

"I can understand that." He says. "You excited to meet Cam?"

"The vegetarian?" I ask.

"Yes," Conrad laughs. "Him."

"I guess." I shrug. "I just don't know why she didn't tell me about him."

"Wait what? she didn't tell you? I though you guys told each other everything?" Conrad asks.

"I thought we did too, I guess not." I sigh.

"Hey don't worry about it okay? Maybe she just didn't wanna tell you until she knew he was good enough to meet you." Conrad smiles.

"Yeah, I guess you're right." I smile.

Eventually everyone's home, and we all sit down at the table.

"Hey Taylor." I smile.

"Hi Val." She smiles.

I sat across from Belly and Cam, while I was in between Conrad and Jeremiah.

"Oh yeah, so uh this is Cam, Cam this is Jeremiah and Conrad, and that's my sister Valarie, but we call her Val." Belly smiles as we all say our hellos to Cam.

"So Cam, can I call you Cam Cameron?" Jeremiah asks as me and Conrad laugh.

"Uh yeah sure, I don't care." Cam laughs.

"So Cam Cameron, I heard you're a vegetarian." Conrad says as me and Jer look at each other and try not to laugh.

"Uh y-yeah yeah I am." Cam says.

"But Belly's not." Jeremiah says.

"I know." Cam says.

"So like if you kiss her after she eats meat, doesn't that defeat the purpose?" Jeremiah asks.

"No, actually." He says before leaning over and kissing Belly.

Me, Conrad, Jeremiah, and Steven all shriek and start fake gagging.

"Oh grow up, she can kiss whoever she wants." Taylor says.

"Yeah, Steven and I can do that too." Jeremiah winks at Steven. Steven and Jeremiah have a flirty friendship.

"I'm sure Conrad and Val can do that too." Taylor jokes as I give my mom a look. She knew I didn't like Taylor that much.

"Excuse me?" Conrad asks.

"Well you know, you guys are like a thing right?" Taylor laughs.

"Oh uhm no we're not." I say.

"Well it does seem like it." She laughs.

"Are you guys going to the deb ball together?" Steven asks.

"Obviously." Conrad smiles.

"So you are a thing?" Taylor asks.

"How about you mind your business?" Conrad says as me and Jeremiah laugh.

"Connie do not talk to our guest like that." Susannah says.

"Okay okay i'm sorry!" Conrad laughs.

"You guys are gonna go?" Belly asks. "I knew you were invited to go but I didn't think you would accept."

"All the girls are going from last year, plus it would be fun to do the dance again." I shrug.

"And I'm sure Conrad was ecstatic about going with you again." Taylor teases.

"You know what, yeah, I was." Conrad says to her as I smile, feeling my face warm up.