sleepover

"Where were you thinking we could stay?" Conrad asks as all of us meet up outside by the cars.

"I have my moms code to the country club, she works there, we could stay there." Cam says.

"Wouldn't they suspect something weird if they saw that she clocked in this late?" I ask.

"No, she works weird hours anyways, they won't suspect a thing." He says. "You guys just have to promise that you won't make a mess and when we leave it'll be like no one was ever there."

"Yes, of course." Taylor smiles.

"Alright, let's go then." Steven smiles.

"Same cars as before?" Jer asks.

"Steven you wanna switch with me?" I ask.

"Uh, yeah sure." Steven nods.

I go get in the car with Jer, Taylor, and Bells.

I was mad with Conrad. As soon as it seems like we're gonna have a genuine intimate moment, he rips it away from me.

"Everything good Val?" Belly asks.

"Yeah, just Conrad being Conrad." I scoff with a laugh.

"Yuck." Taylor laughs.

"Conrad still loves you." Jer says. "It's obvious."

"Sometimes it is, then the next second he rips away all hope of it." I say.

"Hope?" Taylor asks.

"I-I mean not hope, just like...all speculations of it." I rush untruthfully.

"Do you still love him?" Belly asks.

"It's not that simple Bells." I sigh.

We get to the country club, and all go meet up at the front entrance.

"Okay, when we leave there has to be absolutely no trace that we were here." Cam says.

"Cam, we know." Conrad laughs.

We go inside, into the empty club.

"I'm gonna go get food, Skye, you wanna go with?" Cam asks.

"Yeah." Skye smiles.

"Taylor, let's go check the lost and found out for any blankets or anything." Steven says as Taylor nods.

"I'm gonna go look for a place to sleep." I say.

"I'll come with." Jeremiah smiles.

"I'll come with too." Conrad says.

"Actually, how about you and Belly go look for supplies." Jeremiah says.

"Sure." Belly says.

Conrad looks at me with desperation like he wanted to go with me, but I just look away and start walking down the hallway.

Jeremiah and I go down multiple hallways, until we stumble into a movie theater.

"I remember this place!" I smile as I walk in.

"I do too, I remember when we would sit in here together and watch horror movies because Conrad was too scared to."  Jer laughs.

I sit down on one of the loveseats, and Jeremiah sits next to me.

"This'll be fun." I smile.

"Yeah, something to take our minds off of everything." Jer smiles before looking down at my wrist, seeing the red string bracelet. "Still have this thing on huh?"

"Yeah." I sigh. "Holds onto Conrad and I's friendship, even if there's not much left."

I look up expecting Jeremiah to be looking down at my bracelet, but instead he's looking at me.