pain

Everything hurt. I had lost my favorite person.

Every part of me wanted to hate him, but I'm still so madly in love with him.

Every part of me wanted to throw all his stuff out and forget about me, but here I was laying in Taylors arms clinging to his hoodies sobbing my eyes out.

"Why did I let him leave?" I sob.

"Val you did the right thing, no matter how much you love someone, if they're not giving you what you need and deserve then they aren't right for you. You can leave the people you love. Love doesn't mean you need to like them." She says.

"I need him!" I sob loudly.

"Do you want my honest opinion?" She asks.

"Y-yes." I choke out.

"I know you guys will absolutely come back together. You guys are soulmates, just like Belly and Jeremiah, it was the right person wrong time." She says.

"Y-you think we'll get back together?" I ask.

"I don't think so, I know so." She smiles. "But of course you can still be sad, you can be angry, you can convince yourself you're over him and try and date another guy yet still end up back with Conrad. Because you guys are soulmates."

"I just miss him so much." I sob as I look at our matching red bracelets.

"I bet he's doing the same think right now. Laying in his bed sobbing over letting himself lose you." She says.

Conrad POV

I lay in my bed sobbing, with the infinity necklace clutched in my hand.

Everything reminded me of her. The pillow on the right side of my bed still smelled like her, the red bracelet that laid on my wrist, the stuffed animal she got me on my nightstand, pictures of us all over my room. Everywhere I looked I saw Valarie. It was heartbreaking, yet so comforting.

My mom walks into my room, and looks at me as I sob.

"Oh Connie." She sighs as she runs over and sits next to me, rubbing my back.

"I miss her so much mom." I sob.

"I know you do honey, but I also know that you guys are gonna end up together again at some point, and you'll be together forever." She says.

"You think?" I sniffle.

"Of course. Couples fight and couples break up, but the perfect couple will take all the fights and break ups as a way to realize how much you truly need each other." She says. "I love you and Valarie so much as your own people, but you two together was like if you guys were one person. You just...clicked."

"Everything felt so normal with her." I sigh.

"I know honey." She says. "You'll come back together eventually. It might not be the next time you see her or even the next twenty times, but you'll get together again. You just have to wait."