Chapter 3

SLOAN POV

I put a skirt suit on with my heels pulled my hair back into a neat ponytail pulling my jacket straight and leave. Lucky for Hunter I wasn't on the plane heading to France, for another job interview when he called. I rang Hudson straight after asking to borrow a car, then I asked for a motor bike instead. He was quiet for a while then told me; I hadn't been on a bike in a while and opted for me to loan a car.

The bike would have been better, but he loaned me his Audi A4. Better than nothing I guess. Picking up my bag, I leave to head over to the publishing company Hunter owns, and where the magazine is published too. Just hope this is a real job and not some fucked up plan Hunter came up with to annoy me more than he already does.

I took a few long breaths as I park the car in the parking bay right outside the tall rise building.

Entered into the lobby, I gazed at the board to find the floor I need and realise Hunter owns the entire building. Still have my doubts about this job offer. Stepped over to the reception desk and the girl smiles. "Could I help you?" Her voice is too cheery for this time of morning. "Sloan..." About to say my last name and she hands me a pass. I gazed at the picture. How the hell did he get my photo and my full name. Hunter Grady, you better be ready for me. I smiled, and she points me to the elevator. "You need floor ten." That was it nothing else.

Strolled over, stepped into the elevator, pushed the button for the tenth floor and waited and waited and waited for the doors to close. Sod this I stepped out to use the stairs. I never liked elevators any way. Plus, the stairs are a good form of exercise to get my blood pumping and my heart beating, just a little. Plus, give me time to settle my nerves.

***

Finally when I reach the tenth floor, I was a little light headed. Note to self... Don't forget to eat. I do it every time when I have an interview. I don't eat just in case I get that bio taste in my throat.

I'm greeted by another chirpy young girl. Also duly noted, Hunter likes his woman young, beautiful, and most probably accessible. I'm sure his ego is his down fall. "Hunter is waiting with the team." She informs me. I've not said I'll take the job yet. Oh, Hunter is assuming I will take his job offer. Well, here goes nothing.

The young girl opens the door to a large room with a few people standing around an oval table gazing at photo's, plus various bits of paper strewn across the dark wood effect table as they make a list. I glanced at everyone then spot Hunter nodding to one of the girls who is sucking the end of her pen. "Sloan, glad you could make it." Offer my hand, but Hunter is set on holding my hand longer than he should. "Hunter, you can let go." "Sorry, Sloan, force of habit." I smiled as he lowers his hand.

He sighs and introduces me to the team, three young women and two guys. I just stood back listening to them chat to Hunter about the next publishing edition, and Hunter needs to make his mind up what to publish.

Hunter glanced over his shoulder at me. "Sloan, what do you think. This is your expertise, after all." I laughed at his comment. "This is below my pay grade, and would suit someone fresh young wanting to get ahead." I stepped towards the door. "You are young Sloan. If I'm not mistaken you are what? Twenty-five, over qualified for this, plus the right person for the job." Didn't like the way he knew my age.

The young girl stares at Hunter. "You have a shark already." I point to the young girl who is probably the same age as me, hungry for Hunter. But he shakes his head. "Nope, I need someone with experience. Come on Sloan, give it ago, if not for me? For your brother?" "Don't blackmail me, Hunter, it'll be the last thing you do. Or I tell Hudson." His eyes furrow for a short while, then he slaps his thigh. "Sloan, I'm offering you the opportunity to take control and do what is necessary to bring this magazine up to standard. Get the reader involved." I tapped my lips with my index finger. "I have something for you." I hand Hunter a folded piece of paper with my figure on and he spits. "This is a joke?" Shake my head. "Sloan, can we negotiate?" "Hunter, if you want me, that bad. That's my fee." I smiled as I pivot then head to the door. "I'll be in contact Sloan." Reached to open the door. "Don't leave it too long. I have another interview in France. Offering me that figure, you can always ring Silas." "Not necessary." He counters as I stalk out the door to the elevator but opted for the stairs.