Chapter 50: Halsey

(Friday, 6:30AM, Sheffield)

My alarm goes off, waking me up. I sit up, looking around my room. Sometimes I really hate it, but sometimes I really love it. I find that amusing.

I swing my legs out of the bed, running a hand through my hair before switching off my alarm. I get up, heading towards the bathroom. I stand in front of the mirror, taking a second to look at myself. Sometimes I don't even recognise myself anymore. It's like I've adapted into a different person these days. I look down at the scissors, biting my lip. Mum would be furious if she caught me doing this to my hair. I grab the scissors, twirling them around in my hands. "Don't." I say to my reflection. "Mum and Dad would be fuming." I put the scissors back down on the counter, sighing.

(7:30AM)

I jump out of Mum's car, waving goodbye and running up the steps into school. I sprint down the hallway into netball practice, smoothing down my shorts.

 I sprint down the hallway into netball practice, smoothing down my shorts

"Come on, Miss Dwyer! You're late!" Mr Phillips says

"Come on, Miss Dwyer! You're late!" Mr Phillips says. "Sorry, Sir!" I call out, and waving at Gemma and Tasha before getting into position. Mr Phillips looks at me before sighing and shaking his head. "PLAY!" He shouts. I grin.

(12:00PM)

I walk into the dinner hall, grabbing my lunch and walking out into the garden area. I walk through the trees and head to our private area, covered by the leaves. Zack is already sitting there with Kayla, Gemma, Tasha and Sidney. "Halsey!" Sidney says. I sit down next to Zack. Zack kisses my cheek, making me smile and blush. "Aww! You guys are so freaking adorable, I swear!" Kayla squeals. I blush harder, making Tasha roll her eyes dramatically. "You guys are ridiculous." She says. I look up at her and frown. "Jake?" I ask. She nods. I sigh. "Just ignore him, T. You're awesome!" I say, hugging her tightly. Tasha smiles.