Chapter 81: Maxine

(Wednesday, 7:30AM, LA)

I walk up the steps, smoothing my outfit out. The teachers have started to make us wear more sensible clothing, but that's not going to stop me. I head into Art, taking a seat between Cameron and Ivy. "Cool outfit." Ivy says.

" Ivy says

{Maxine, Ivy and Cameron's outfits!}

"Thanks. I thought I would still rebel." I say to them. Cameron grins. "Of course you did." He says. I chuckle. Miss Brown walks towards our area, a grin look on her face. "What's up, Brownie?" Ivy says, making me and Cameron snicker. "Ivene, you've not handed in your assignment on Picasso. I assume you have another reason on why you didn't?" Miss Brown asks her. "No, I just couldn't be arsed." Ivy says. I burst out laughing, making the whole class stare at me. "Principal's office. All of you." Miss Brown says firmly. Cameron stands up. "What the fuck did I do?" He says. "Dress code, and you just swore." She says. Cameron gives her the finger, grabbing his stuff and following us. We walk down the corridor and head downstairs to the Principal's office. "I can't believe this. She's so soft, that woman." Cameron says. I chuckle. "So what? She's an ass, anyways." I say. Ivy giggles. Ivy knocks on the principal's door. "Come in!" We all start giggling, entering the office. Mrs Williams, the principal's assistant, looks up at us.

"Regulars." She says. I roll my eyes, sitting down on the floor. The principal's door opens and Ashlee walks out, tears streaming down her face. I grab her waist. "What happened?" I say. Ashlee takes a deep breath. "He shouted at me." She whimpers. I look over at Ivy and Cameron. They nod. "I'll be right back, sweetheart." I say to her. I walk up to the door and start banging on it, pissed. Mr Whitehall opens the door. "What the fuck do you think you're playing at, Whitehall?" I hiss. He glares at me. "Why do you care, Maxine? You're not dating her anymore." He sneers at me. I turn around, walking towards the door. At the last second I spin round, punching him hard in the nose. Everyone gasps as Mr Whitehall's blood sprays everywhere.