10

(Two weeks until the next gala)
Wilhelm

The week went by surprisingly fast. Maybe it was also due to the fast text exchange of Simon and Wihelm the whole week, every day. Because of meetings from Wilhelm's side and practice from Simon's, the two could not even meet. Cause in the evenings they were just way to tired. That's why they switched to texting. This also made them more familiar with each other.

Monday:
Wilhelm: I swear to God, if I don't get out of this meeting soon, I'm going to yell at someone
Simon: Not very princely behavior :|
Wilhelm: I don't even care about that by now....
Simon: Lmao

Tuesday:
Simon: It's nice to sing the solo, but do I have to stay after every single practice because of it?
Wilhelm: Should I talk to Mrs. Fernandez about it?
Simon: BY GOD NO. Otherwise I'm the person who complained to the Crown Prince about having to do the solo. No thank you.
Wilhelm: Simon, what are you doing right now? If I am corecct, you are, infact, complaining. To me. The Crown Prince.
Simon: I am going to block you ._.

Now it was Thursday. It made the meetings more bearable, when he texted with Simon, since he never really listened anyway. Well, he listened most of the time. If it wasn't just about the color of the serving dishes for the next gala. Or, just like now, the flower arrangements for the tables. Because he didn't care if there were lilies or roses on the tables. But he was told that he had to decide. Cause apperently, cause it were his galas, it was his choice. If it was his choice he wouldn't be there in the first place.
So he typed into his cell phone.

Wilhelm: What do you prefer, lillies or roses?
Simon: ?
Wilhelm: Just say one.
Simon: Lillies, I guess.

"We'll take lillies." Wilhelm said out of nowhere and the room went silent. Kristina looked up from her paper and peered slightly over her reading glasses. "Lillies?" she asked with a raised eyebrow. Not what she thought, Wilhelm would pick, as it semmed. Wilhelm just nodded, unbothered of her reaction, with conviction. "Lillies." Still skeptical, Kristina turned to Minou. "So, we'll take lillies."
Wilhelm grinned like a little kid and looked at Minou who was already looking at him and he nodded again, while sticking his chin out slightly.

Simon: Will you now tell me why?
Wilhelm: You'll see :p

Wilhelm just felt like somewhere in the castle Simon's eyes rolled. But the conversation continued. Minou kept writing things down and his mother told her what she should write down. And Wilhelm almost slept in. Almost. And when his mother finally said he could go, he made a run for it as fast as his feet would carry him. He looked at his cell phone and was typing a new message to Felice when he ran into a person and his phone fell out of his hand. "Sorry," he picked up his phone and turned around, "I should have looked closely-" but he stopped himself as he looked into the familiar brown eyes.

"Oh, it's you." he said laughing and Simon laughed along. "What are you doing in the conference wing?"
"Maybe I wanted to look around the castle a little more," Simon scratched the back of his neck and looked down at the floor in embarrassment, „And I may have got lost while doing so." A smile crept on Wilhelms face and his mouth was talking faster than he could think:

"If you're going to look around the castle, maybe you'd like to look at the castle garden?"
Simon tugged a little at the end of one of his gray sweater sleeves and looked back up at Wilhelm. "Really? Because Alex-" And before he could talk further, Wilhelm grabbed the curly-headed man's hand and pulled him toward the royal wing and towards the exit to the garden.

"If I remember correctly," Wilhelm said, holding the door open for Simon, "we told him to tell you that you, the choir, could go out with the permission of a royal member. Do you have permission from me?"
Simon hesitated for a second before nodding sheepishly. "You see? So, come on now." said Wilhelm and walked ahead.

In the garden, he had some of the best memories. With Erik, or even with his parents. And even though the garden wasn't big, it was always empty. Through it ran gravel paths bordered by rose hedges. If you followed these paths you eventually came to a bench that stood with a view of the lake, where the castle was located. Wilhelm remembered sitting there with Erik sometimes, when they wanted to talk privatly.

And now he settled down with Simon and just looked at the view for a few moments.

"So?" asked Wilhelm, still looking out, sliding restlessly in his seat and sliding closer to Simon than he would have liked.
"So?" retorted Simon, looking at Wilhelm in confusion.
"I mean, how do you like it here, the garden in particular?"
Wilhelm looked at Simon for a second getting a glimps of a smile from him before looking back at the lake.
Now Simon looked at him and tilted his head slightly. "It's wonderful."
Wilhelm looked back at him. His gaze passed over Simon's face, but his eyes pulled away again, startled by the warm feeling in his chest.

Simon looked at his phone. "Fuck." Wilhelm took one look back at Simon. "What's wrong?"
Simon was already standing up. "I have choir practice in, like, 15 minutes." And he walked off. Wilhelm, still confused, got up and followed him, the pepples cracking under his feet. And Simon was fast so he just got to him short before the castle. "Why didn't you tell me?" he asked just before entering the castle.
"Because... oh I don't know." They walked through the corridors to the music room, "You just distracted me." he said and looked up at Wilhelm, who only now noticed that he was slightly taller than Simon.

"How-" he began, but Simon turned around and disappeared into the room, leaving Wilhelm absolutely confused. And like that he walked back to his room.
He thought alot. About Simon and other things going on, when his phone vibrated. Excited to see a message from Felice or Simon he pulled it out and was gretted by an unknown number.

[unknown number]: Hello, cousin. How are you?

Wilhelm fell down from the high of good mood he was on. How the hell did he get this number, Wilhelm thought. When August last texted him, he said that he would leave Stockholm for an unknown period of time. Wilhelm would be lying if he said he was sad about it. But in those three years he changed his number. So how?

—————
A/N Not Wilhelm letting Simon choose the flowers for the next gala😔✋
        Also just a reminder that the songs are for the chapter vibe :]