38

(July 24th)
Simon

Simon put the last book on his shelf and folded the box next to him into a tiny square before taking it out. When he returned, he opened the door to his room, only to see Wilhelm falling backwards onto the bed. A small groan escaped him as his back sank onto the soft mattress.  "Why is carrying boxes and putting things away so exhausting?" he moaned. Simon simply laughed, "You're such a privileged asshole, do you know that?"
"Hey! That's not true!" Wilhelm said loudly and straightened up. "Wille, you were carrying two boxes. Of three boxes and a suitcase. You're a fucking drama queen," Simon said with a laugh and dropped down next to him. "First of all, King please."
„You're still a Crown Prince." Simon reminded him. Wilhelm rolled his eyes, „So what if I am . You love me anyway," he shot back proudly, sticking out his tongue.

After Simon had explained everything to Linda, from the August thing to the last gala and that he had been living in the castle for the last few months, she demanded that Simon moved back in with her until they found a solution. So they did. That's how Simon had found himself in the situation, with Wilhelm forcing help on him when he had moved out of the castle. So here they were. In Simon's childhood bedroom. His mother looked wired at Wilhelm when he immediately knew where he had to go to get to Simon's room. The explanation was fun. Linda may or may not wanted to kill him.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night, baby." he said with a laugh and stood up again. He held out his hand to his boyfriend. "Come on, let's grab something to eat before you turn Sweden, and the whole world really, upside down tomorrow." Wilhelm rolled his eyes but took his hand. "I'm inviting you. It's the least I can do if I'm going to ruin your life tomorrow."
"You're so stupid," Simon said with a laugh. „No, I'm the man you love." Wille said proudly and kissed his boyfriend's cheeks
„Italian?" Simon asked, his stomach screaming that it needs food. „As long as you don't put ketchup on your noodles." the man next to him answered and pretended to vomit. „Hey! No disrespct." Simon demanded and closed the door to the house. Wille just smiled broadly like a little child on christmas morning.

(July 25th)

"You can do it. Remember, I'll be right here when you're done." Simon let his thumb graze over Wille's cheekbone. „I know, love. Give me two minutes and I'll be back. Everything set?" Wilhelm asked, turning and disappearing into the next room. The words Simon heard through the television would stay with him forever.

Since April of this year, I have started to fall in love with a certain person. He doesn't exactly fit into the image of our monarchy you all may have, but for me he does. I love him with everything I have and it won't stop me from taking over the throne in October. Everyone should be allowed to love who they love. Men, women or someone completely different. And if anyone tells you it's wrong, ignore them. Because they are wrong. To love is a human right and I love the man sitting in the room next to me right now waiting for me. That's why I'm keeping this short. Thank you for your attention.

He would never forget the smile on Wilhelm's face as he stepped out of the room; how he scanned the room for Simon and when he found him, practically ran towards him to pull him into a tight embrace. "I love you, so so so so much," Wilhelm murmured into Simon's hair. It was one of the most beautiful days, only everything that followed was a bit exhausting.

(Middle of August)

He had to get used to the press following him everywhere, because after Wilhelm's statement, they came like moths to a flame. Wille apologized to him at least once a day during that short peroid of time. But after he got fed up with everything, Simon, Linda and Sara were each assigned a bodyguard to protect them. It was hard for all three of them at first but over time they got used to it and the bodyguards became like their own shadows; there but barely noticeable. Simon thought that the three bodyguards had built a little friendgroup.