Behind the Scenes - (Migz x Grace)

Summary: Migz and Grace behind the scenes.

__________

He made his way to the rostrum and stood still as his fellow senators flocked inside the hall. His eyes roamed and he observed his colleagues, and while the roll call started, they were busy greeting and speaking with one another except for a few senators that were already settled in their respective places. He searched for her because, amidst the chaos of the hall she was comfort, she was calm and the mere sight of her made everything better.

If you ask Senate President Migz to describe Senator Grace about six years ago, He would answer, "A good friend." Sure, they were good friends after years of being on the same side. They would get together to watch the uaap, celebrate occasions, and have Friday night dinners with the seatmate bloc.

That was what she was to him years ago.

And times change.

If you ask Migz the same question today, he'll give you a confident and definite answer: "Grace is peace and calm." Everyone thinks that the description was on point since the lady senator is indeed the embodiment of peace and calm. What Migz actually meant was that she was his solace. With her, he found peace and calm against the deafening noise of the chaotic world. But you wouldn't get that explanation out of him instead he would go with the generic explanation that the lady senator is graceful under the pressures of their job.

He actually never thought he'd ever fall in love with her. But there he was, madly in love with the lady senator from Pangasinan and Iloilo.

"Senator Padilla," the secretary called out, and his eyes found the senator speaking with Senator Bato, and they were agreeing about something.

"Senator Pimentel," the secretary called, and Migz saw a hand raise.

"Senator Poe." Another hand rose up in the air, and Migz darted her eyes to see the lady senator from Pangasinan and Iloilo in her seat as she was seriously reading the papers on her desk. No wonder she was named Grace. He noticed something different about the lady senator. Aside from her ever-so-pristine beauty, she was not wearing her hair in its usual ponytail. Her hair was down with pins keeping it away from her face, and she was wearing a white and blue terno.

The Senate session was ongoing, and like any other day, the senators were going through the agenda. Senator Joel Villanueva started to move to the next agenda. "Mr. President, I would like to recognize the lady senator from Pangasinan and Iloilo, Senator Grace Poe, who wishes to speak on a matter of personal and public privileges."

"My, uh, our Amazing Grace, Senator Grace Poe, is recognized." Migz cleared his throat before smiling. He mentally cursed himself for the slip up. They both knew the risk they were taking from the start, and a wrong move could cost them both their newfound love and peace. Their eyes met, and he could see the hint of amusement in her eyes. She slightly made a nod at him, and he smiled as a reply.

Grace walked towards the podium to deliver her speech. "Thank you, Mr. President." She opened the folder containing it as she cleared her throat to start her speech.

Grace took her time to address the issue in her speech. "First, there is no pre-flight inspection clearance required prior to the departure of any international flight. Second, there are individuals who entered the security restricted area after going through the correct security screening procedure and documentation. It is also not clear if their luggage also went through the said process."

After a while, Grace concluded her speech and walked back to her seat. "The Senate, through the Senate Blue Ribbon committee, should expose and punish them," Migz said after the speech. "The Senate could order their arrest if they refuse to head Senate summons." He added.

The majority floor leader moved on to the next agenda until they finally concluded today's Senate session. The senators left the hall one by one, and Migz' eyes followed the certain lady with his eyes as she left the hall. Migz walked out to go back to his office, but before he knew it, he was already in front of room 523. He gently knocked on the door, and her chief of staff greeted him.

"Nandyan pa ba si Senator Grace?" He asked, and the chief of staff nodded. "Yes, sir, nag-aayos po ng gamit."

"Ay, ganun ba. I'll just be quick pala bago siya umalis." Migz said as the chief of staff led him to her office. The chief of staff opened the door, and there was Grace with her bag in hand, ready to leave.

"Sen, si SP Migz po." Grace looked surprised to see him in his office. She put her bag back on her swivel chair and thanked the staff.

The door locked behind them, and once they were both secured inside the four walls of her office, everything was different.

Migz smiled and walked to her, and she almost jumped into his arms. He hugged her tight before kissing her temple. "I'm so proud of you, sweetheart." Migz whispered, and Grace smiled. Solace indeed. He immediately felt at peace with having her in his arms. He wouldn't admit it to anyone even the seatmates bloc that he adored these small intimate moments they shared behind closed doors. He loved the privacy of it all and savored the moment with just the two of them.

"You were unstoppable sa speech mo kanina. Not to mention breathtaking." Migz complimented her as they swayed in place, still in the tight hug.

"Thank you, love. You always have my back, kahit noon pa. Mabuti na lang pinakita ko muna sayo yung speech ko kagabi before delivering it today." Grace replied and pulled away from the hug.

"I miss you, love. I can't wait to come home to you." Migz whispered. "Mr. President, magkasama lang tayo sa session kanina." She replied and grabbed her bag again.

"Nasabi ko na ba na breathtaking ka?" He asked with his left palm placed on his chest, and Grace laughed.

"Ewan ko sayo. Master bolero ka talaga," she replied. "And you said it yourself, na ako ang chairman of the committee on charms. Effective ba ang charms ko, sen?" Migz did a pose and grinned at Grace, who was holding back her laughter at his silliness.

"Sumabay ka na kaya sa akin?" Migz suggested it, but Grace shook her head. "You know we can't. Isinabay mo na nga ako last week eh." Grace replied, which made Migz frown.

"Eh, sa parehong bahay lang naman tayo umuuwi, sweetheart." Migz argued. "Migz, you know we can't." Migz sighed in defeat, and Grace went to him to console him by gently massaging his shoulders as she placed kisses all over his face.

"Soon, love." She assured him, and he nodded.

"Anyway, akala mo nakalimutan ko yung pagkakamali mo kanina. Anong my amazing grace?" Grace teased him, remembering his tiny slip-up while he was acknowledging her earlier. Migz laughed, remembering it also. They both stopped and moved away from each other when they heard a knock on the door.

"Sen, nandyan na raw po ang sundo niyo." They both heard Grace's chief of staff from the other side of the door.

"Thank you, Kim." She replied as they both prepared to leave her office.

"See you later. I love you." She whispered before giving him a quick kiss.

"Ingat kayo ni Manong Randy sa pag-uwi. I love you, and I'll see you later, my Amazing Grace." Migz whispered back, making her smile like an idiot as they both left her office.

_____

Let me know your thoughts about this pairing because I have been wanting to try and write about the different pairings involving Grace.