Gardening - (Migz x Grace)

Author's Note: Pauwiin niyo na ako sa of parents ko. Nag-eenjoy ako isulat itong pairing na ito. Inaaral ko pa yung character ni Migz pero hopefully ma-capture ko siya dito. Reminder na everything is fictional.

Follow me on twitter na rin @fullofgrasya. Happy Reading!

Summary: Gardening with the Poe-Zubiri bunch.

__________

Sundays were always dedicated to garden tending days at the Poe-Zubiri household, but since work has taken over their time, Sundays have become a luxury to allot for leisure and bonding moments. They finally had time to devote to their garden because the Senate was on vacation for the holiday.

As usual, Migz wore a sleeveless shirt, brown khaki shorts, and slippers as he crouched and dug out the soil to transfer the newly purchased plants. Grace was dressed in a blue dress and crouched to assist Migz with the transfer. They were both sweating and covered in dirt and leaves, but sweat, sunlight, dirt, plants, and quality time with your other half were their thing.

(Picture in the media for reference of their clothes)

Migz looked over to his wife who was carefully transferring the roses they bought. "Sweetheart, paabot naman ako ng pruning scissors. Kailangan na pala bawasan yung mga bonsai natin." Migz said and Grace handed him the scissors.

"Nakakalimutan na nga natin itong garden natin, love. We're so swamped with work lately kaya nawawalan tayo ng time." She replied as she finished transferring the roses to the flowerbeds. Grace stood up and started walking back to the house. Migz noticed and shouted, "Love, saan ka pupunta?"

Grace turned around. "Kukuha lang ako ng refreshment natin. Parang mawawala naman ako, love" She joked knowing how clingy Migz actually is ever since. Migz smiled.

"Baka mamiss kita agad, sweetheart." Migz replied making Grace laugh at his cheesiness before waving him off and entering the house.

Grace emerged a few minutes later, bearing a tray with a pitcher of juice and plates with sliced cake. She sat down and placed the tray on the patio table before calling out her husband's name. Migz immediately stopped what he was doing and made his way to his wife.

"Wow, sira ang diet natin dito, love." Migz joked and Grace stood up to wipe away his sweat. "Migz, grabe na yung pawis mo hindi ka man lang magpunas." Grace grumbled as she wiped Migz' sweat away with the cloth.

"Hindi ba dagdag pogi points?" Grace sighed and rolled her eyes. "Hindi, kasi hindi ka na bata. Magkakasakit ka lang sa ginagawa mo." She added and Migz stopped from eating.

"Love, parang sinasabi mo naman na ang tanda ko na. Look at me oh." Migz did a macho pose and Grace laughed loudly.

"Halika let's go upstairs ipapakita ko sayo yung tinatawag mong matanda." Migz pretended to grab her hand and Grace yanked it out of his grasp before hitting his chest. "Hindi ka pa nga tapos sa mga bonsai kung ano na naman yang naisip mo." She said.

"Love, alam mo ba kung ano ang favorite insect ko?" Migz randomly asked out of nowhere and Grace was sure it was one of his banats so she humored him. "Ano?" She asked.

"Edi the butterflies that you gave me." Migz smiled and Grace giggled at how cheesy and corny it was but she absolutely loved it. "I can't count the times you gave me butterflies, mahal." He added waiting for Grace to blush.

The gates opened just as Migz was about to say another one of his banats, and their van arrived with their two girls. Anika, their 17-year-old, had returned home from a painting session, and Adriana, their 15-year-old, had returned home from a photography workshop. The girls walked up to them to greet and munch on the merienda they have.