chapter 3

RIXONGILE 's POV.

It's late in the afternoon and that bustard of my dad is finally here and I hate it because that means me and my sisters are sleeping at the neighbor's house this entire week. I mean why can't he stay where ever he is coming from, aggh I feel my blood boiling when I think about it. Now I am supposed to go and serve him food .

I was shocked when I found that my mom cooked  beef stew with mashed potatoes, garlic bread, Rice and pap . Wow how fancy and I wonder where she got the money to buy the ingredients for that food . My mom hardly cook food food that has three different things in it unless we are celebrating something.

I only took pap and put it on the tray and went to take out the leftover spinach from yesterday from the fridge and put it as cold it is on the tray , then I take and went towards him and kneel down and serve him before getting up and start going away.

"WHAT IN THE WORLD IS THIS!"

*He says pointing towards the table that has food on it*

Me: Food dear father.

*I said with a smirk on my face and turning around to face him*

Thomas:  hee wena  u vula swilo leswi swakudya? , we penga naa? . Awu switivi leswaku wanuna u fanele a nyikiwa nyama   hikona angata xarha hayi byanyi lebyi unga byi Vekala mahlweni ka mina!.
(You mean this things food?, are you mad?. Don't you know that a man must be served meat then he will be full and satisfied not this grass you had put in front of me!.

I saw my mom rushing out of the house in the corner of my eye.

*Laughing*

Me: wanuna wihi ka papa ?.(which man dad?.)

Thomas: mina I Mani handle ka mina wanuna laha a mutini?.( Me who else is the man in this house?. )He said proudly.

Me:  I didn't know that you are man because a real man take care of his family, he is always there to guide and protect them and he provides for them.

Thomas: Don't insult me little girl I'm your father!*he yelled*and of course I'm a real man.

Me:*rolling eyes*It doesn't look like.
I said crossing my arms over my chest.

Thomas: what do you mean by that . He asked shocked by my response.

Me: I mean what kind of a real man that wants to be fed by a poor woman who has already have three children to fed and he go around throwing tantrums that if we are no his slaves he will kick us of the house because it is in his name.

Thomas: u te yinii? , hehehe ya wa dalela hi mhaka ya ku u mile mavele nyama u ehleketa leswaku uwansati hii?. Yima kwalaho ndzitaku Kombata lonkulu kamina na wena .  (What did you just say? ,hehehe you are so disrespectful just because you have boobs now you think you are a woman ?. Wait there i will show you who is the adult between the two of us.) 

He said unbuckling his belt while match towards me, while I stand there not even flinching. To be honest I was scared but I wasn't going to show him that. After few seconds I saw my mom in front of my in order to protect me.

Thomas: Kurhula suka a ndleleni Nita ba xilo lexi marn!. (Kurhula just get out of the way so that I can beat up this thing marn!)

Me :I wouldn't do that if I were you because if you just dare put a finger on me you are going to sleep in a jail cell today old man. *Turning around to go and eat the food that I left inside the house with my little sisters*