chapter 10

KURHULA'S POV.

It's a brand new day which I'm not looking forward to because the problems of this life seems to love so much  and I have had enough I'm just tired  . I always think that maybe tomorrow my problems will get better than yesterday but the opposite happened so I'm starting to believe that maybe I was born to suffer in the life.

What I hate I'd that my innocent children are suffering in this world  and I can't do anything about it .  I have a heavy heart today I don't even know how am I going to break the new to XONGI I fear that it might break her already fragile heart.   Anyway I woke up and prepared  Rhandzu and Respect for school after that I waved them good bye as they were leaving.

I got ready for work then I went to catch a taxi to work. When I got there I just changed to my work uniform and started working then lunch time came I took my lunchbox and my handbag  then I went to check on XONGI at the hospital I bought bananas and apples for R10 each at street vendor on my way there. When I got there i went straight to hard ward which of course she's sharing with other patients because it's public hospital .

I found her awake  she was drawing something on the book she had on her lap . One thing I love about her is that she artistic , she can draw anything, she writes poems and she was on the verge of finishing her novel even if she just write it on her diary she believes that her work will be published someday. I smile and greet her.

Me: hello my baby .

XONGi: mhani !!. (Mom!!)

She squeal when she sees me  and I giggled I love how she acts like a child sometimes.

Me: how do you feel today?

XONGi: I feel better my chest doesn't hurt that much.

Me : that is good to know baby..

'It is indeed' said the voice behind me  when I turned to who it is I saw the principal looking good as always .

Me :  Hello Mr Mashaba.

Principal:  stop being formal  , you can call me  peter.

Me: ooh no sir I can't call you by you name.

Principal : I insist , Kurhula stop calling me sir it makes me feel like an old man.

Me: okay peter.
Eish that sounds odd  but  what can I say when the man is insisting.

Principal: that sounds better by the way how is the patient doing.

XONGi: I'm fine sir.

Principal : that is good . When is she  getting discharged.

Me: I don't know I haven't meet the doctor since I got here but let me go ask one of the nurses.

I  went out to look for a nurse  lucky for me I found one exiting One of the wards  so I asked her.

Me : Hi sister I wanted to ask you something.

Nurse:  what do you want to know ma'am.
Wow she is so respectful  I honestly didn't expect it from her I expected the opposite because most nurses are rude .

Me: I wanted to ask if when is RIXONGILE Sithole going to get discharged.

Nurse: ohh ma'am I don't know that but I can ask the doctor to come and update you.

Me: I would appreciate that  and thank you  for your help.

Nurse: don't worry about it I'm  just doing my job.
I went back to the ward I found XONGi and peter talking

Me: what are you two talking about?

XONGi: The principal was asking me about the I fainted.

Me: but I thought you said we were going to discuss the issues at school once she's better sir .

Principal: Kurhula can you stop calling me sir and yes I did say that but I just figured that I should ask her some questions given that we were left alone.

Ehh what is it with this man insisting on me calling him by name , it's not like we're friends or something.

Me: it's okay peter it's just that I don't want anything stressing her now .

Principal:  okay I understand.

After awhile the doctor came in.

Doctor: sorry for keeping you waiting I had another patient I was still busy with.

Me: it's okay doctor.

Doctor: let me check on her then I will update you.

Me : ohh let us give some privacy then.

Doctor: no it's okay you can stay.

We stayed there as we watched him checking on her eyes, heart rate , BP and many other things that I don't even understand  while asking her how her day went. After finishing he turned to check and write something thing on her file then he faced us to tell us something.

Doctor:  I'm happy with my patient's improvement her lungs seems better even her blood pressure so I'm going to discharge her  .

Me : oh thank you doctor.

Doctor: it's a pleasure just sign the discharge form on the reception desk on your way out.

He went away after that. Thank God that  I packed changing clothes for her, so I took it out of my handbag then have to her so she can change while peter and I went outside to give her some privacy .

Principal  : I'm glad she going home today I was hoping tomorrow morning we can discuss this meter before it's too late .

Me: let me notify my boss first.

Principal: okay.

I call my boss and told him the situation and he said it's okay I can take the rest of the week off so that means I'm needed at work by Monday.

Me : my boss just agreed so we'll see each other tomorrow morning at the meeting .

Principal:  why does it feel like you're saying goodbye.

Me: yes I am .

Principal: why I thought I was going to give you a lift .

Me :  it's okay you can go my child and I are going to take a taxi.

Principal: why take a taxi while I'm offering a lift.

Me: I just don't want to bother you.

Principal: you are not bothering I'm the one offering ain't I?

Me : okay let me go get XONGi then we'll go then.

I went back to take my daughter so we can go home .

What do you think about the principal's behavior is he genuinely helping or there is an hidden agenda 🤔🤔?

By the way guys  don't stop showing by doing the same as always .