𝐜𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐩𝐮𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐜

rafael leao and his new teammate, christian pulisic are walking to their courtside seats at rafael's younger sister's final basketball game of her first season

amia (pronunciation a-mya) is shooting around with her fellow rookie teammate zia cooke.

"yo brother coming?" amia playfully rolls her eyes.

"yeah he's coming you fiend." zia cackles hard at the way amia was looking at her.

a few minutes go by and amia sees her older brother and 'newly close friend' christian and quickly jogs over.

"big brother!!" amia engulfs her brother as christian stands to the side and smiles at the wholesome moment between the athletic siblings.

"little sister!" playful sarcasm floating off rafael's tongue.

"i have someone i want you to meet." they both turn to christian.

"captain america, it's nice to see you again." rafael's face scrunches in confusion as his sister hugs his teammate.

"hey future all-star." christian hugs her back with his hands low, almost reaching her butt before coming back up to squeeze her hips and let go from the secretly love-filled hug.

"how'd you guys meet without me knowing?" rafael asks more to christian than both of the athletes.

"i ran into him last year at the world cup and we started conversing from there."

"really? you never told me."

"never really thought it was that important." amia shrugs her shoulders.

"i have to get going though brother and friend. how much do you want me to drop?"

the teammates both shrug and blurt out a random number.

"25."

"25."

they both glance at each other from their side eye before chuckling.

"alright forreal i have to go, i'll see you after the game."

amia brings both of them into a hug before jogging off to a patiently waiting zia.

"alright i'm here."

"i see that." amia jerks her head back with a 'stink face' at zia's tone.

"don't be mad at me because you didn't get to talk to my brother. and stop staring before he notices and starts asking me questions."

"whatever youngin'" zia says jogging away from a stunned amia.

"we're two days apart! stop playing cookie"

"shut up."

"you need to follow your own advice." amia mutters under her breath.

they sit in their locker chairs and listen to their head coach go over the game plan.

introductions

"and their point guard, 5'6, 22 years old, amia leaooo!" the announcer yells out for the crowd to hear.

amia runs down the high-five line, gets to the end and does her signature handshake with her backup point guard.

they get into position as the sparks win the tip off and amia dribbles down the court as they set eachother up for a wide-open three that amia banks in all net.

"boom!!!" the crowd and amia yell in unison.

amia does her little three over the eyes celebration while backpedaling to play defense.

the rest of the team jog back as they play defense.

"i got ball!" amia yells out so her team can understand.

as soon as she says that she smacks the ball out of her opponent's hand and runs down for a open layup.

she smiles as she runs back to her team high fiving them.

halftime

amia has 20 points, 7 rebounds, and 8 assists at halftime.

she looks over to her brother and her secret lover and gives them a thumbs up and flips it to a thumbs down as if to ask if she's doing good or not.

christian and rafael both put thumbs up.

christian mouths 'you got this baby.' to her and she smiles hard as he smirks getting cocky knowing he's the only one making her feel that way.

end of game

amia finishes the game with 35 points, 10 rebounds, and 11 assists.

that's a career high to exceed the start of her sophomore season.

she walks over to her brother and engulfs him in the biggest hug.

she hugs christian and whispers sweet things in his ear as his cheeks become red.

"thank you for coming to support baby boy."

"i love you babe."

"i have a surprise for you at the hotel."

christian lets go of the comfortable hug to look at her with a smirk.

they both turn to look at her older brother and they smile awkwardly as rafael stares them down.

"i know you're talking or dating." they both pull a shocked face as they thought they hid their relationship well.

"oh." the now known couple say in unison.

"you're lucky i love you amia." amia lets go of a breath she didn't know she was holding.

"take care of her bro!" they dap each other.

"i will for sure." christian says as he looks down at his girlfriend.

amia smiles wholeheartedly as christian kisses her forehead.

______

now who told this man to be this fine? i wanna sit on his lap and grip on his bicep so bad

now who told this man to be this fine? i wanna sit on his lap and grip on his bicep so bad. anyways.. 🫣 as always..
thanks for reading,
𝐣𝐚𝐲𝐩𝐨𝐨𝐥𝐞𝐞