Chapter 7: Weddings are cursed in Westeros

Aegon Targaryen, the second of his name, had not lived a particularly princely life. He knew what he was, a whoremongering drunken cunt. His mother reminded him daily about what a disappointment he was. He was born with a (in his opinion) magnificent cock and therefore was a constant threat to the line of succession. 

But he wasn't the heir, so why the fuck was he preparing to marry his mad sister? 

Maids flocked about him readying him for his wedding. Guards were stationed at every corner of his room to ensure he didn't make a run for it. 

It felt like the universe was getting its revenge on him for how disgraceful he's been. Before this marriage was just another duty being shoved down his throat by his mother, but now it truly felt like a curse, because now he knows her.

Aegon Targaryen, the second of his name, fell head over heels in love with Morgana Slytherin within moments of meeting her. He had never experienced love before, so she was a shocking revelation. He now understood those sappy ballads that used to make him roll his eyes in disdain. He understood why the poets had difficulty expressing what love truly felt like. 

Love was peace and safety as if they would always guard your heart. Love was also a firey inferno of unrestrained longing, not just lustful, but an actual pulling of the soul. Loving Morgana Slytherin was the easiest thing he's ever had to endure. 

The doors to his room opened and Aegon stiffened, preparing himself for more nagging from his mother about how he should behave today. His eyes glanced in the mirror when he didn't hear his mother's shrill voice immediately and he felt his heart drop to his stomach. 

There stood his father, King Viserys, smiling sadly at him. It was the most eye contact he had received from his father since he was a child, after all, he was not Rhaenyra. Neither spoke for a moment until the king flicked his decrepit hand, "Leave us."

As if by magic, everyone in the room disappeared by order of the king. Viserys staggered towards the couch seating himself with a low painful grunt. "Aegon, my son, come sit with me a moment."

Aegon was too shocked and confused to protest, he mindlessly sat on the other side of the couch beside his father, basking in the bit of attention he had been longing for his entire life. 

Viserys looked at his son for a moment, seeing himself. Viserys knew well the bitter-sweetness of a wedding when your heart belonged to Morgana Slytherin. He remembered his wedding to Aemma well. 

Viserys did love Aemma, she was his partner, his queen, but she and everyone else knew that no matter how much he loved her... she would never be the dragon witch. 

Viserys remembered the exact same conversation he had with King Jaeherys on his wedding day. The words of the old king still echo in his head even after all these years, 'it is not easy to love Morgana Slytherin, but it is impossible not to'.

He now understood that distant look in his grandfather's eyes. That haunted understanding as he spoke, because even though Viserys couldn't see himself at the moment, he knew the same expression graced his own face. 

"It is not easy to love Morgana. At one moment her words are like art, each syllable of her dreamy voice falling into place and painting a beautiful picture of the world without any effort at all. I remember she could speak on anything, the shapes the stars made... What did she call them?" Viserys asked himself. 

"Constellations." Aegon found himself answering, though he hadn't meant to speak. 

"Ah yes, the constellations. She could speak of her dreams, her most cherished memories, and her mere presence would ignite such a radiant fire in my soul. On other days she would not speak at all, she would listen, but I always longed for those pretty words once more. She was blunt and a bit awkward in the most endearing way... But then those poetic awkward words become silent and that radiant fire is shrouded in darkness. Then in a moment that life-giving love is gone and you are left to face the emptiness alone... No, it is not easy to love Morgana Slytherin, but it is impossible not to."