Chapter 28: Making Moves

Morgana knew where she was, she knew what time period. She moved through time and space, the loud crack of apparition echoing off the snow-covered trees as she appeared once more in Winterfell. 

She moved silently through the castle as she entered the nursery. 

There wrapped in fur was the small pale babe of her lover, Rhaegar, and her replacement, Lyanna. 

"Hello, my promised prince." She whispered, her cold fingers gliding across his plump cherub cheek. 

Aegon- or Jon for now, looked up at her with shining black eyes. Morgana smiled looking at him with all the adoration of a hundred decades. 

"I'm going to stop running, my Aegon... I promise I will fix this... all of it..." A single tear traced down Morgana's face as she swore her oath. 

She crept through the familiar passages down to the new Lord Stark's office. It looked exactly as it did when she sat there before- er fifteen years from now? Time magic never really made any sense. 

Taking the paper and quill she began to write. 

" To my past self,

I remember the day I found this very letter in the crypt with my beloved Jon. Odd how time magic works, never happens in the right order as we have learned time and time again.

You made an oath to yourself, so long ago now, to protect the house of the Dragon. You swore to be good, to be a hero, to be light, unlike your family.

Aegon's dream is very real. A threat rises from beyond the wall even more wicked than Voldemort. Beside you now sits the prince who was promised all those centuries ago. Jon Snow was born Aegon Targaryen, the trueborn son of crowned prince Rhaegar Targaryen and his wife Lyanna Stark. Ned Stark took in his nephew to save him from the wrath of the vengeful Baratheon Stag.

There is much to be done and not nearly enough time.

The dragon must have three heads, King Maker.

Do what you do best and protect the house of the Dragon at any cost. Three dragons and a dragon witch at their side, how it always should have been, from the very beginning. Aegon was right you do have an important part to play.

For the greater good. "

She remembered the words, though not exactly it felt natural to write them. She then remembered the other objects in the box she had yet to create. 

Taking her wand from her pocket she flicked it whispering, "Accio Aegon's crown... Accio Blackfyre..." 

The magic pulled the two items toward her. The crown she made for Aegon the Conqueror on their wedding day. The metal was still pristine and flowing with magic, the symbol of the three-headed dragon glowing proudly on the head. Then the mythical valyrian steel ancestral sword of House Targaryen... Blackfyre.

Quickly she transfigured a box, just as she remembered it to be. She whispered the incantations in parseltongue only to open again upon her demand. She placed the letter down first, then the crown she herself had created centuries before, then finally she placed Blackfyre in the endless bag placing it in her very own The Ark of the Covenant. 

She heard someone approaching, and quickly she fled the office, making her way down to the crypt. 

She approached the statue of Lyanna staring into the stone face, so similar to her own in the northern woods. It was strange to see such parallels. 

She placed her palm on Lyanna's stone chest allowing her magic to flow through the statue. Spells wove together to create the hidden passage. The stone under her fingers rose and shifted to create the Slytherin locket around her neck, a sign to her past self. 

She placed the box in the hidden compartment, allowing the spell to set, only to be opened once more in the future. 

Taking a step back she allowed the markings on her arm to darken, the magic seeping into her skin readying her to jump through time. 

She catapulted herself by will, appearing once more in front of her statue. She apparated to Dragonstone, knowing it was occupied by Rhaenyra and Daemon at the moment. She took three eggs, saving them from the dance of dragons, and pulled herself through space once more. 

She felt her magic grow tired at the continuous jumps but her work was not done yet. 

She apparated again, holding the chest of eggs in her arms. She appeared before the gates of the Targaryen manor in Essos. She could hear the laughs and joy of Aegon, Daenerys, and Viserys. 

She quickly sketched out the note-

'Fire and Blood, 

signed the King Maker'

Approaching a maid, she cast a simple imperio, taking control of the woman's mind and forcing her to take the box of dragon eggs to them. 

The moment she felt magic surge through the land, she knew that the dragons had been reborn. 

A smile spread across her face.

So much was happening all at once. She had so much to do and so little time. Her magic grew tired but she felt as if there was so much more to do. 

"You're still running." She heard Dumbledore's voice echo in her head. 

"I am not... I'm going to remain at their side." Morgana swore, leaning heavily against the wall behind her. 

"So many promises you make. You swear to stay by them and yet... each of them died alone." She could hear the smug smile in Dumbledore's words. He wanted her to be cruel, he wanted her to leave them all to rot, and he wanted her to be selfish because it would prove he was always right about her, just as he was always right about Tom Riddle.

"I'll say goodbye... I'll be with all of them until the day that they die... none of them will die alone... and then I'll come back here... and I'll stay... I'll make Aegon the greatest king of them all... I will remain by his side until I have to say goodbye to him too..." 

With that solemn oath, she decided to push the spell as far as it could go until she would never be able to use it again...