Chapter 17: Loving the Peaceful

The music blared around them as Morgana lost herself in the dance. Viserys held her tight, laughing self-deprecatingly as he failed to keep up with her quick steps. 

The Dragon witch placed a hand on his jaw, drawing his kind violet eyes to hers, smiling at the joy she saw in the vibrant purple. She caressed his nose with her own, sharing a single breath before they were pulled apart to switch partners. 

Even as the lovely Lady Lannister was in his grasp, Viserys' gaze was fixed on her. 

 The music continued and with a twirl, she was back in his arms where she belonged. 

Rhaenys gripped her cup from her high seat staring at the magical beauty she had coveted since the day they met in the palace gardens. The happy announcement of her engagement to the Lord of the Tides was soured as she was forced to watch the woman she loved, dance in the light of her cousin. 

In the months she had gotten to know the dragon witch, Rhaenys had become completely besotted with her. It wasn't difficult... Just as every Targaryen before she was drawn in by an intense bond that awoke something deep within her. 

They had spent hours in the godswood, braiding each other's hair and sharing stories of mischief in High Varyrian so that none of the nosey ladies at court could overhear. 

Rhaenys had even kissed her once. It had been the most magical moment of her life. 

One night Rhaenys found herself alone on her bedroom balcony with Morgana. Her engagement to Corlys had just been decided and the princess was terrified. The Princess expressed her fear when it came to consummating the marriage and asked if Morgana had ever had sex before. 

The witch smiled, her silver eyes glowing with equal parts mourning and mischief. "Oh yes... My first time was with Maegor the Cruel... we broke the bed and he decapitated a serving boy." She said, laughing at Rhaenys' horror-filled face. 

Rhaenys had asked to practice kissing on Morgana, who readily agreed. 

Rhaenys could still taste her, could still smell her scent, and feel her cool touch. The Princess pulled back, feeling the fire in her heart roar to life like never before. 

Rhaenys pushed farther kissing down Morgana's neck and asking innocently for advice on how to touch her husband. 

Morgana just smiled, kissing her back, and told her to experiment after she was married. 

Though only a few weeks, it had felt so long ago. 

Rage boiled in the princess, an all-consuming jealousy, as she watched Viserys dance with her basking in the warmth of her love, just as Rhaenys had sampled before. 

Daemon was no better. 

Though he was much too young to catch her eye, she definitely caught his. Morgana Slytherin plagued his every desire. Watching as his idiot older brother fumbled about as a blushing, flustered fool felt like a dagger to the heart. 

Daemon was stronger, a warrior, a dragon rider, and more handsome (In his and many other's opinions). He was brave and ambitious while his brother was satisfied to revel in the histories of the past. 

What did Viserys have that Daemon didn't?

He had tried everything to court the witch. Though it seemed that only Daemon and Rhaenys recognized there was a battle for Morgana's heart. Viserys remained oblivious and infatuated with the very woman they all vied for. 

It was sickening to watch as she melted into his touch as if they were two puzzle pieces sliding into place fitting perfectly together. 

A vicious sneer fashioned itself on his face as he watched Morgana kiss his elder brother as the music peaked. The only frozen pieces in a sea of moving parts. 

The song ended but she remained in his grasp. 

The King Jaecerys stood, causing the crowd to fall silent. "Thank you all for coming to this joyous celebration. To my granddaughter, the Princess Raenys... Though I shall not miss the complaints of the poor maids that have to suffer your mischief... I shall dearly miss you as you go forth and prosper as the Lady of Tides. And to you Lord Corlys... I wish you good luck and a strong will to survive the might of a dragon." The crowd laughed, including the couple themselves. 

"In honor of your looming marriage, I with the help of our Dragon Witch, have prepared a gift for each of you..." He held out a hand and Morgana finally left Viserys' side to join the King. 

Rhaenys stared into Morgana's beautiful smiling face, every inch of her aching with want. Morgana simply smiled and a beautiful ring appeared in her hand. It was intricate, and had a beautiful stone in it that appeared to look like the sea, moving and flowing from a deep green to blue. 

"For Lord Corlys, a ring for the master of tides. Put your hand in the water, if the Gem turns grey it is unsafe to sail, if its color remains true so too do the tides." She gave the lord the magic ring receiving an awed look from the young Lord. 

"For our Dragon Princess..." She held out her hand and a beautiful necklace appeared, with a red and orange stone that seemed to move like flickering flames in the light. "A necklace... it will come in handy during your time of need... Wear it always."

It was an ominous gift but it was received with such delicate hands it seemed almost out of character for the wild warrior princess. 

"Thank you... my lady" Lord Corlys nodded, though he had nearly misspoke. He nearly called her Your Majesty. 

She was an immortal all powerful witch after all. 

"Thank you, Gana... I shall wear it always." Rhaenys stood kissing Morgana's cheeks, looking a bit too intimate to be friendly though none would ever mention it. 

"Congratulations to you both. May your marriage be prosperous and happy." She curtsied politely returning to Viserys on the dancefloor. 

A few more toasts were given in the couple's honor but Daemon could pay attention. Especially not when he caught Viserys and Morgana, sneaking out of the feast hand in hand, with lust-stained smiles hung on their cheeks.