Five || Mediocre Boyband

||

Macy stood at the head of the lab, alone in her own head as she kept her eyes closed. It was her own lab, littered with chemistry and technology. She thrived in it, filled with knowledge of HYDRA.

"What's she doing?" Steve Rogers stayed in the hall near the door, his arms crossed over his navy button up.

Thor's eyebrows were furrowed, a hand on his chin. "I do not know. Maybe she fell asleep."

"No, I'm just thinking," Macy said loudly so they could hear her.

"What are we looking at?" Natasha, out of uniform, came up on Capt's side.

"The tiny one," Thor pointed into the lab, "is, well, I don't really know."

"I'm computing an algorithm to find HYDRA locations." Macy backed up from the blank glass panel before turning around. "I'm Macy."

The group, added with the sudden arrival of Clint, all drew in a breath in slight distraction.

To no surprise, they were looking at the arc reactor.

Macy absently glanced to the side, "And you're the Avengers. Nice to meet you."

"Hi Macy, I'm Natasha." The red head bypassed the tangle of testosterone, shaking Macy's hand. "Don't mind these guys."

"I'm Steve." Coming up after Nat, he shook Macy's hand with a smile.

"Nice to meet you, Captain." Macy had always been interested in the science behind him, and meeting him made the near impossible so much closer.

Tony and Bruce came in an opposite door as Thor greeted Macy.

"I've heard a lot about you. I'm a friend of Erik Selvig," she said, able to feel power behind his handshake.

As much as she relied on science, it was minorly freaking her out to shake a god's hand.

"How is he?" Thor asked, removing his hand from hers.

"Doing well. He's back to teaching in London." Macy found the last one approaching her, able to recognize him as the archer from the New York incident the two summers ago. "You must be Agent Barton."

"You can call me Clint," he told her, shaking her hand firmly but without aggression. "I've seen you on tv before. You're a hell of a lot smarter than Tony, right Stark?"

Tony gave a sarcastic laugh, "Yes, thank you."

"Macy, where are we at?" Banner had his arms crossed over his nice shirt, noticing her work surface was blank. "Anything on HYDRA, yet?"

Clint's eyebrows furrowed slightly, "I just thought they were the ones who attacked her."

"And now she's helping find them. They've get her tech and Loki's scepter as well," Tony explained. "They've been in hiding long enough. Now we're going to draw them out."

"Consider it raids. I imagine they've got more than one location." Macy's expression changed as she moved over to the keyboard.

Clint and Natasha exchanged a look as they teen's fingers flushed quickly along the keys.

Banner went around to Macy's side, looking onto the monitor. He looked impressed, hand lingering by his bottom lip as his eyes traced the code.

"There," Macy said as she lifted her hands from the keyboard, "that's it." She swiped along the screen, shooting it to the massive glass panel in the room.

Steve's eyebrows lifted, a mass of seemingly random things on the holographics. It meant nothing to him; he could barely do 9 times 7 off the top of his head.