Seven || Old Man

|| 

"I can't believe you."

Tony brought  in the 02 of the Iron Legion, "I said I was sorry."

Macy stood at a metal lab table as Tony set the two parts of the drone down. "I said to play with them, not break  them."

Tony gave a slight shrug, "Hey, maybe this is your fault. You could've built it better."

"Tony, you flew it directly into an aeroplane. This was premium, your  idiocy broke him." Macy pulled out her tools, starting to put on gloves.

"Okay, but that wasn't on purpose. I didn't know the flight plan," Tony tried.

"It was Hills' plane!"

"Technically, it's my plane. She works for me and it was a company aircraft." Tony moved back as the Iron Legion bot sparked when Macy removed the face.

"At least I don't have to pay for it." Maria Hill surfaced at Macy's lab door, a tablet in hand.

"See, no harm, no foul." Tony sounded triumphant as Hill came in.

Macy started repairing the bot as Hill walked up to the panel tracking HYDRA.

Hill eyed the ever moving scans, "Macy, do you think I could borrow you for a minute?"

Tony took the look from Macy, "I'll work on repairs. Go ahead."

Macy put down the tools and stripped the gloves. "Sure," she said, going around the table and joining Hill. "What can I help you with?"

"I just wanted to talk. Care for a walk?" Hill asked, the pair leaving the lab. "There're some good views of New York from the building."

"Is this about the photo, because I swear I'm not with HYDRA."

"Calm down, Macy. We don't think you're with HYDRA," Hill eased. "This is actually something else entirely.

Macy played with her charm bracelet, "Then what is it?"

"When they were in Poland and you were running surveillance, something caught my attention," she explained. "You're already not like most kids your age, but you also didn't seem like a scientist for those moments. In S.H.I.E.L.D., we had a division for science and another for ops. You sounded more like ops then."

"I'm confused," Macy admitted. "Are you saying I was with S.H.I.E.L.D.?"

"No, actually just military association in general." Hill came to a stop at the large window that surrounded the floor. "Do you have any?"

"I used to." Macy's eyes stayed on the window, watching early morning New York. "Royal Air Force. Grandfather, father, brother."

"Brother?" Hill angled herself from Macy, absently searching the Moore file.

"I don't want to talk about it. I know it sounds suspicious, but my whole family is sort of dead, so,"

"I understand," Maria said. She glanced down to her tablet, running a world wide scan for Macy's brother. "I know you know lingo, but do you know how to fight?"

"Some, but I'm a scientist," Macy said as she watched ant sized people move along the ground. "Not a fighter."

"You could be both. It never hurts to be able to put up a fight. You've got possible HYDRA on your tail, maybe it wouldn't be a bad thing."

"Are you offering, or...?"

"Actually, Natasha and Clint are." Hill gave a light smile, "If you're up for it, they'd like to train you."