Six || Chinese Takeout

||

"You there, Macy?"

Macy drew back, putting down the power tools she held. Lifting her goggles, she took them off and set them on the table. "I'm here."

Natasha's voice filled Macy's ears, calm and collected. "We're about five minutes from the warehouse. I'm gonna keep you on the line so you know what's going on."

"Sound good." Macy took a dry washcloth, wiping bits of metal from the A symbol on the last of the Iron Legion bots.

"How's everything going there, kid?" Tony's voice came next. "Haven't destroyed the tower yet, have you?"

"I thought that was your guys' job."

"Oh, sorry for us making a mess," Clint said. "We were only trying to save the world."

Macy grinned, "Fair enough. The last thing I wanted was for a reindeer to run the planet."

A consecutive laugh came from the group, clearly liking her reply.

"Although it's his battle helmet, I always thought it a little ridiculous," Thor admitted, only laughing lightly. It would've been in ill taste to enjoy the joke at his dead brother much more.

"Okay, boys, landing now," Natasha announced to them. "Hang on, Macy. We'll need you soon."

"I'm all yours." Macy stood from her work space, hooking the fifth drone onto the stand. She slowly wandered around her lab, doing a handstand and walking on her palms. "Do you lot reckon HYDRA's planning on ruining the world again?"

"They've been known to do that," Steve said.

"My research is my baby so they better stay the hell away from it. I don't want their grubby paws on my things." Still upside down, Macy took in a breathing before shifting her weight and balancing on one hand.

"You're fairly light on your toes."

Macy went back on her feet, turning around as she fixed her shirt. "Agent Hill."

"Just Maria is fine." Hill stepped down into the lab, "How are you feeling?"

Macy glanced down to her arc reactor, "Oh, I'm good. Okay, I guess."

"Macy, linking you to the cameras now." Clint's voice came, a feed appearing on her desk top. "Be our eyes."

"Got it." Macy moved past Hill, clapping once at her computer and pulling the data straight out. "Sorry, Maria. Give me a minute."

"Take your time," Hill said, giving her space but lingering.

Macy used the window as a surface, spreading out the security feeds. "What's going on in there?"

"Clint's scaling the building." Steve's shield panged, connecting to the back on his uniform. "How's it looking, Macy?"

"On your left, Capt." Macy worked quickly, searching as the team began to move in. "Two guards at the base. There's not many of them there. As many as ten at most."

"Shouldn't we be happy?" Clint drew an arrow, making his way along a top panel that Macy could see.

"Definitely not." Macy didn't notice Hill's eyes evaluating her every move. "My stuff must not be there." She expanded the inside screen, "Guards at your six, Natasha."

"Do I need to go in?" Bruce asked, still on the quinjet.

"Honestly," Macy ran a thermoscan of the building, "there might not be a reason for any of you to even be there." She pushed a hand through her hair, swearing.