♧ Chapter 3: Bonds and Conflicts & The Silvas

Chapter 3:
Bonds and Conflicts & The Silvas

Camille immersed herself in the hidden spring within the erupting volcano, the steamy waters soothing her weary body. She took a moment to remove her mask and cloak, revealing her scarred face and fiery red hair.

Closing her eyes, she let the warmth of the water envelop her, finding solace in this moment of tranquility amidst the chaos of her mission.

However, her serenity was disrupted when she sensed the presence of another individual nearby. Opening her eyes, she saw a woman approaching-the noblewoman Mereoleona Vermillion. With her blue eyes and wavy vermilion hair, Mereoleona exuded an air of strength and confidence.

Camille's stoic expression remained unchanged as Mereoleona initiated a conversation, remarking on her perceived strength. But rather than responding, Camille's demeanor grew colder, her guarded nature preventing her from engaging with the noblewoman. Mereoleona, undeterred by Camille's silence, persisted in her attempt to connect.

"You look like someone who can handle the Hellfire Trail in this erupting volcano. That takes real strength."

Camille's gaze shifted to meet Mereoleona's eyes, her voice devoid of warmth as she finally spoke.

"Strength is necessary for survival. It is not something to be praised."

Mereoleona, unfazed by Camille's coldness, maintained a determined expression.

"Actions speak louder than words. Strength is proven through one's deeds. I can see it in your eyes-you have the spirit of a warrior."

Camille's icy facade wavered slightly, a flicker of curiosity crossing her features. The words struck a chord within her, resonating with the fierce determination that burned within her heart.

"Do not make assumptions about me based on appearances. You know nothing of my past or my journey."

Mereoleona nodded, her respect for Camille growing in the face of her resilience.

"Fair enough. But know this: I respect those who seek to become stronger, regardless of their background. I judge based on actions and the drive to grow. If you ever wish to train together, seek me out."

Camille remained silent, her guarded nature preventing her from fully accepting the noblewoman's invitation. However, a seed of curiosity had been planted within her, a glimmer of the potential bond that could be forged through shared strength and determination.

Days turned into weeks, and Camille and Mereoleona continued to cross paths, training together in the wilderness. The clashes of their powers echoed through the forests, their shared pursuit of strength forging an unspoken bond between them. Camille found herself slowly opening up to Mereoleona, recognizing the noblewoman's unwavering dedication and fierce spirit.

One day, Mereoleona extended an invitation to Camille-to attend Fuegoleon Vermillion's birthday celebration in the royal capital. Intrigued yet conflicted by her disdain for the nobles, Camille reluctantly agreed. The grand event was in full swing when she locked eyes with Captain Fuegoleon Vermillion, Mereoleona's younger brother. In that moment, it felt as if a connection beyond words had been established-a profound understanding that transcended the limitations of time and circumstance.

But as quickly as the connection blossomed, Camille's loathing for the nobles resurfaced, casting a shadow over her heart. Overwhelmed by conflicting emotions, she abruptly left the party, seeking solace in the quiet refuge of the Vermillion family's garden.