♧ Chapter 14 : PART 2 The Embers of Longing

Chapter 14 :
PART 2 The Embers of Longing

As Camille made her way out of her room, she was surprised to find Yami waiting outside. His usual gruff expression softened as he looked at her, and she could sense a mix of concern and understanding in his eyes.

"Done Talking to him?," Yami said, his voice surprisingly gentle.

"I let Fuegoleon in here because he asked for it. He said he needed to see you, and I figured it might be good for you to have a moment together."

Camille nodded, appreciating Yami's consideration. She knew that Yami could be rough around the edges, but he had a soft spot for his squadmates, and he always tried to look out for them in his own way.

Taking one last glance at Fuegoleon, who was still sleeping soundly in her bed, Camille felt a pang of emotion in her chest. She wished she could stay, to cherish the moment a little longer, but she knew she had to be strong and follow her path.

"I'll look after him while you're gone, Am i right you're leaving?" Yami assured her, giving her a reassuring pat on the shoulder.

" I want to forbid you this early but i know you know what you're doing. You just focus on your mission, and don't worry about anything else. We've got your back."

Camille gave Yami a small smile, grateful for his support. She knew that she could always count on her Black Bulls family to be there for her, even in the toughest times.

With a deep breath, she turned away from her room and made her way to the Wizard King's office.

The night was quiet, and the moonlight illuminated her path as she walked through the Black Bulls base.

Arriving at the Wizard King's office, Camille knocked on the door and entered when she received permission.

The Wizard King, Julius Novachrono, looked up from his paperwork and smiled warmly at her.

"Camille, it's good to see you, what brings you here?" Julius greeted her.

"Is this about your upcoming mission to the Joker Kingdom?"

"It's a dangerous task, but I believe in your abilities."

"I guess that's the reason?"

Camille nodded, feeling a mix of nervousness and determination. She knew that this mission would be challenging, but she was prepared to face whatever came her way.

"I just wanted to officially inform you that I'll be going on the mission," Camille said, her voice steady.

"I promise to do my best and bring back those hostages safely."

Julius nodded approvingly. "I have no doubt that you will," he said.

"You have grown tremendously since joining the Black Bulls, and I have faith in your strength and abilities."

Camille felt a sense of pride at the Wizard King's words. She had come a long way since she first joined the Black Bulls, and she was determined to continue growing and proving herself.

"Thank you, Wizard King," she said, bowing respectfully and saluting "I will not disappoint you. I will come back victorious."

As she left the Wizard King's office, Camille felt a surge of determination and purpose.

She knew that the road ahead would be challenging, and her heart was heavy with the memory of Fuegoleon's embrace.