XII

~~~~Hikari~~~~~

While waiting for the others to finish their judging, I got to talking with Mirai, and I got the wrong idea about her from our first meetings.

Turns out she has a good sense of humor, being able to make me laugh multiple times while we talked. And she has a serious sweet tooth, but that's to be expected since her family worked with sweets. And she was very passionate about cooking and baking, telling me all about her amazing dish ideas she came up with but was too afraid to show her family.

I loved her passion for cooking and baking, it was kind of like her stuck up mask melted away.

"Hey sis!" Soma shouted from the doorway. I turned and saw him with the other students who passed the challenge.

"Soma, what's up?" I asked.

"We're late getting back to the hotel! We gotta move!" He grabbed me by the wrist and started dragging me off.

"Hold on a second!" I shouted and turned back to Mirai, "Let's talk again later, Mirai! Maybe about that new crepe dish you were talking about, yeah?"

Mirai smiled at me and nodded as all of rushed back to the hotel. As we ran, I could feel my head hurting just a little bit, but the pain would disappear by the time we got back to the hotel.

~~~~Soma~~~~

As soon as we got onto the buses to get back to the hotel, I could feel my sister nodding off. I looked over to my right where she was sitting and saw that her eyes were almost closed.

I chuckled, "You know you can take a small nap, right Hikari?"

She shook her head, "No way. I don't wanna--"

"I'll wake you up when we're about to park at the hotel. Just get some sleep. Please? For me, sis?"

We looked at each other for a minute and then she finally sighed and leaned her head on my shoulder, quickly falling to sleep.

"Soma?" Megumi asked looking at my sister concerned, "Is she all right?"

"Yeah, she's fine. When she gets a bad headache, she gets sleepy. Hikari will be fine in a while." I said, but even though I sounded assuring, I was always nervous about my sister sleeping with a headache.

When she had headaches as a little kid, she would most of the time wake up like an entirely different person. It was like she was a robot with no emotions and a blank stare. It's gotten better over time, but I was still scared she would one day wake up being still and emotionless like she was before.

About an hour later, the bus got to the hotel and I woke up my sister. Thankfully, she woke up with a big smile on her face.

"Hey sis, how was your nap?" I asked.

"Great! I feel ready for the next challenge." She said with so much excitement in her voice that I smiled along with her. 

We got off the bus and saw Yuki and Ryoko standing by the entrance.

"Megumi! Soma! Hikari! You made it!" Yuki shouted, running up and hugging Hikari and Megumi tightly.

"Hey, Yuki. Hi, Ryoko." Hikari greeted.

"Heard anything about the others?" Megumi asked.

Ryoko turned around and pointed to Shun, his phone to his ear while he was talking to someone on the other line.

"Shun's trying to figure that out now." Just as she said that, Shun hung up the phone and turned back to us with a smile.

"Looks like we all made it through." Shun said, "Everyone from Kyokusei survived.