XX

~~~~Soma~~~~

It had been a while since we were called in by one of the members of the Ten. Of course, my sister and I declined the offer to work for him. My sister couldn't stop laughing after we left, mainly at the fact that he wanted her as his girlfriend.

She said, and I quote, "Why on earth would I want to date such a stuck up idiot with that stupid haircut". She wasn't wrong, he did seem pretty stuck up and that hair could use some work.

But that wasn't too important at the moment. It was almost time for the Fall Selection, something Erina told my sister and I about before. One of the biggest things out there in the school. And today was the day that students would be selected to participate in it.

The entire courtyard was filled to the brim with nothing but excitement as my sister and I walked out. Hikari and I waited for the white sheet to fall off the board, and as soon as it did, we rushed to find out names. Sure enough, they were there. We had been selected.

"These are the names of those who were picked to be in the selection." Shun explained.

The two of us looked back up at the board and read the other names. I could hear Yuki shouting in relief and excitement while Ryoko was trying to not have a panic attack. And Megumi... she was panicking and being nervous as usual.

"Hey!" I shouted walking up to them with Hikari.

"You guys get selected, too?" Hikari asked.

"Sure did." Megumi said, Hikari immediately hugging her in congratulations.

"Congrats, Megumi! I'm so proud of you." Hikari cheered and smiled.

"Even beofore a Food War!" A voice shouted behind us. We turned around and saw Takumi standing behind with a smile that radiated confidence, "I've been given the chance to battle both of your directly."

Hikari stuck her tongue out at Takumi.

"Yeah, yeah. Save that hot air for the Selection, Taku." She said.

His face flustered, "T-T-Taku?!"

We ignored him and I spotted Ikumi nearby.

"Hey, Meat-Meat, did you make the cut?" I asked.

"Uh, yeah. I take it that you and your sister made it, too?" She asked.

"Yep, oh, and good luck to you, Takumi."

"Wha--! I don't need you to placate me you piece of crap!" Takumi shouted at me, but then I saw Hikari sneak up behind Takumi and grab him by the shoulder.

"Say, Takumi?" She asked very sweetly, "Now, I know that you have some kind of crazy rivalry with me and my brother, but that's no excuse to say such demeaning things to my brother."

With each word she said, I could see that her grip was tightening on his shoulder, and the small tears pricking in the corner of his eyes from the pain of her grip.

"I'll remind you, Takumi Aldini. Never, and I mean never, insult my brother. Whether I'm here to hear it or not, never do it again. Am I clear, Aldini?"

" As c-c-crystal!" He shrieked.

Hikari chuckled and pat his shoulder before running back to my side.

"Hey everybody!" A voice shouted from the sky. It was amazing how no one had seen the lift and the crane, but there it was. High in the sky, Urara Kawashima was standing in a little pink basket with a big, fake, smile on her face, "Good Afternoon!" She greeted with a sickly sweet voice.

"You guys ready for the Fall Selection? I will be your acting MC for this battle! I'm Urara Kawashima! Hello!"

Hikari groaned and leaned against me, "Serious, big brother, if she doesn't stop acting like some kind of little kid, I'm gonna puke out my soul."