15. Concern arisen

It's been a day since Gem took Mineta in as her ward, and the girls are not happy. They get to class to see Mineta in a new desk. The new desk is in the back right next to a slightly grander desk. Both of these desks were made by Gem, who realized that she could use mods like in X-Life.

Jirou waves to Mineta with a small smile as her greeting is returned. Mina notices the interaction and immediately brings it up.

"Jirou!? Why are you waving to that creep?" she exclaims, drawing attention.

"Mina, I understand what you think of him but it's complicated! All I can really say is that he's not what we thought. I heard what he whispered yesterday, but I can't tell anyone else because... Shit... I think I may have said too much already. Sorry Mina, but just... Trust me, okay?" Jirou panics at the end.

"I... Okay, fine. I'll trust you, but only for now. I'm still not going near him." Mina concedes, before showing her concern "Are you okay though?"

"I... I don't know. I just... I need some time. I'm sorry." Jirou goes to her seat without another word, concerning the rest of the class. Gem was in the room the whole time and makes a mental note to talk with both Jirou and Mineta after school.

Throughout class, Mineta stayed silent. He didn't want to disrupt the class after all. Gem was keeping an eye on Mineta and Jirou, just in case something happened. Classes went by normally until it was time for lunch. Gem and Mineta stayed in the classroom to have lunch while the rest of the class went to the lunchroom. Gem opened her inventory and got out a mutton wrap for herself and a glow berry wrap for Mineta.

"Thanks." Mineta took a bite of his wrap before asking "What is this?"

"A glow berry wrap! It's got glow berries, lettuce, beef, and feta cheese." Gem answered.

"Glow berries?"

"Mhm!"

"Well... It's good!"

"I'm glad!" Gem and Mineta continued their lunch in silence, but it wasn't an uncomfortable silence. It was a calm, comforting silence.

Classes after lunch went smoothly as well, until it was time for heroics.

"Today we are doing rescue and battle!" All Might said as they stood outside fake city B.

"Mineta here will be the one you're rescuing. He'll play the part of a kidnapped child while Aizawa and I play the part of villains." Gem added.

"We have to save Mineta!?" Uraraka complained.

"As heroes we can't decide not to save someone purely because of our own biases, kero. This is just like one of those situations. Besides, he's the perfect size for this scenario, kero." Tsu said.

"Wha- hey! It's not my fault I have dwarfism." Mineta muttered in embarrassment.

"Gem, Mineta, and I will be heading to our positions now." Aizawa stated as the three of them walked away, Mineta still pouting after Tsu's comment on his height. There was no specific team as they were trying to simulate a real situation as best as possible. Aizawa, Gem, and Mineta were hidden and the class would have to find them.

The teachers were trying to make this as hard and realistic as possible, so Gem used some magic to help conceal them without making things too impossible. Unknown to the students, there was a whole story hidden in this training session. They would get extra points if they could find some clues to the story ― without endangering their primary mission of course.

Aizawa was hidden in the shadows while Gem stood guard by Mineta. All Might's purpose was to call the class to the scene and be the hero they're all working under. Unbeknownst to both All Might and the students, All Might's character was meant to die.