𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳

(F/C) = Favorite color

    Colors and shapes swirled around in my mind, forming scenes that we're unfamiliar to me. My ears rang as the faint sound of birds singing slowly registered in my mind. I didn't have a body, I simply floated above what it used to be, still paralyzed in one position; or at least that's what it felt like. My heavy eyelids slowly blinked open, sore from the sunlight peeking in. Once my eyes adjusted to the light, I realized that nothing around me was familiar in the slightest, and I had absolutely no idea where I was.

And that's when it hit me; all the memories from what I can only assume was the previous day came flooding back to remind me of one terrifying fact...

...I was kidnapped.

Before I could let myself go into a full blown panic mode because of that realization, my body sprung into action, urging me to sit up, even though even the smallest movement made me feel like I was being torn apart.

I was on a fairly comfortable bed with a vintage looking (F/C) comforter and pillows. There was a soft (F/C) carpet to match on the wooden floor and a ton of other smaller decorations scattered around. It was strange though, the room looked like it belonged to a child with all the stuffed animals and countless colorful arts and crafts.

Laying my pounding head in my hands, I squeezed my eyes shut tight, refusing to let any tears fall no matter how much I wanted to. The more time I wasted on being scared or crying is time I could use on trying to find a way out of here.

Ignoring how every bone in my body demanded I lay back down, I began carefully exploring. I tiptoed over to the bedroom door, expecting it to be locked seeing as I wasn't tied down or anything. To my surprise, it actually opened. Careful so it didn't make noise, I slid out of the room and scurried quietly down the antique looking hallway and into some sort of living room area. My heart raced as I made sure to remind myself to keep an eye out for my kidnapper, whoever they may be. They could be around any corner, and who knows how they would react if they saw me wandering around freely.

A couch with throw pillows that matched the ones from the bedroom sat facing a very old looking box tv that sat on a bookshelf full of vinyls.

Everything looked like it was straight from my grandmas house. An old tv, a record player, a led home phone hanging on the wall in the kitchen, all the old fashioned wallpaper and decorations.

Could this mean...

"Did I go back in time!?"

My phone was nowhere to be seen, and I don't see any calendars anywhere, which meant I wouldn't be able to know for sure how long I had been out and if my time traveling theory was correct, though i knew it wasn't at all sensible.

An abrupt, rhythmical knock sounded from the front door, only a few feet from where I stood, making me freeze with my eyes glued in its direction. Doing my best to quiet down my breathing and heart beat, I could just about make out a few hushed voices outside. There was at least one giggly female and one deep voiced male, though by their whispering it's hard to tell.

"Hello?" A higher toned male called out, his voice seeming a little raspy as he drew out his words in a tired like manor.  "New neighbor, are you home?"

"New neighbor??"

Unfortunately, there was no peephole or window that I could peek out of to see who was waiting outside for me, so I would just have to open it and pray that these people weren't psychopaths or working with whoever my kidnapper was. Plus, other than the windows, it seemed to be my only method of escape.

I held my breath as I slowly opened the door a sliver, just enough to see who was standing at my doorstep. Upon what I saw, my breath caught in the back of my throat as my entire body locked up on itself.

"What the actual hell"

"Oh! Hello there neighbor!" The tall (yes ik he's supposed to be 3 ft shhhh) young man smiled as his cheery wide eyes found mine. He had swoopy yet very neat blue hair and very colorful clothing.

It was undeniably, without a doubt, Wally Darling. But there's no way that's possible...

He awkwardly cleared his throat, snapping me back from my thoughts as he opened the door the rest of the way himself, revealing even more characters I recognized from the drawings and the website including Julie, Sally, and Barnaby.

Still in shock, but not wanting to be rude, I mustered up a small smile "Oh hello! Nice to meet you, i'm (Y/N)!" I couldn't help but cringe at the slight quiver in my voice.

They all took turns happily introducing themselves, though I only half payed attention since I already knew them all. It was odd hearing them all talk and seeing them moving and interacting with one another, including me. None of it seemed possible, there's no way this is real. A quick pinch to my arm, hidden from the sight of the visitors, revealed exactly what I already knew; this was, in fact, not a dream but reality.

I debating asking them about where I was, but that would probably just make me sound insane considering they're under the impression I just moved here.

"I almost forgot!" Julie jumped, revealing something from behind her back. "Everyone in the neighborhood pitched in to get you a little welcome gift!" She held out a basket full of a wide range of items. Colorful flowers, fruit, cookies, paints, candy, and it looked like there was more buried beneath that I couldn't see.

"The others felt bad they couldn't make it but i'm sure you'll see them around the neighborhood!" Wally grinned, folding his hands behind his back.

A faint pink dusted my cheeks at all the kindness these strangers were showing me, almost making me forget I was even kidnapped. "Thank you all so much, this is so sweet."

"Of course! It's not everyday someone new visits, much less moves in!" Sally's eyes are wide and full of curiosity. "So why did you move here?"

Everyone's eyes shot over to Sally at her abrupt questioning. Well, everyone except for Wally. For some reason his eyes stayed trained on me the entire time. I tried to ignore his intense eye contact, but it still sent chills down my spine.

Barnaby placed a gentle paw on the shorter girl's head and let out a deep chuckle. "Now now Sally, let's not be rude to our new neighbor."

Sally's cheeks flushed a deep shade of red as she shot me a nervous look. "Oh jeez- sorry (Y/N), it's just that not many people know about the town and-"

I waved her off with a light hearted laugh, trying my best to hide the panic in my eyes. "Don't worry about it, I understand."

All eyes were now glued to me, waiting for some sort of answer to the previous question I suppose. I swallowed the lump in my throat as I wracked my brain for some sort of reply. "There's no way I could say I was kidnapped! There doesn't even seem to be anyone else living here... unless it was someone else in the town? But why would characters from a tv show be wandering around the warehouse where their show was filmed? Unless they were aware of the fact that they're not actually rea-"

"Alright, let's not overwhelm our new friend. Why don't you all head home and I'll stay and help them with their things." Wally smiled, though you wouldn't be able to tell just looking at his eyes, which still haven't left mine.

The others all said their goodbyes and promised to catch up again when I was settled in before heading off to their respective homes.

An awkward tension hung in the air as I rocked back and forth on my heels, waiting for the colorful man to speak up. For I believe the first time since I met him, Wally's eyes squinted to match his smile. "Let's chat." His tone was disgustingly sweet, clearly forced.

He quickly ushered me inside the house, and without a second thought or really any other choice, I obeyed, stepping inside and allowing him to shut the door behind us. His back was to me as he took a deep breath, running a hand through his neatly curled hair. As he turned back to face me, his eerie smile vanished and was replaced with a stern look. His eyes were still squinted, but not because he was smiling. No... this was a testing look.

"You don't belong here."