𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦

Wally and I began working immediately, me wanting to get home as soon as possible and him wanting me out of his annoyingly shaped hair.

He had showed me to his art room after a million warnings about what would happen if I touched anything without permission. Let's just say, it wouldn't end up a pretty picture. I marveled at all of his work as he made his way over to the closet. "You know, when I read you like to paint I imagined a lot more stick figures and finger painting, but this..." My eyes landed on one specific painting of a bouquet of blue flowers. It was filled with so much color and texture, it looked so life like. Even the little petals each had small details patterned in. The more I stared at it, the more a weird sense of comfort filled me, making me ease up a little.

"Yes yes I know, I'm amazing" He brushed the compliment off with a huff as he rolled out a large whiteboard, though I swear I could see the faintest blush dust his cheeks. "Now, let's start with the basics shall we? Tell me the story over again and don't spare any of the details darling."

I did just that, retelling the whole story from start to finish while trying to remember anything that might point to who brought me here. "How is this going to help anyway? You never explained how this whole getting me home thing will even work-"

"Please just continue with the story so I don't have to listen to your rambling anymore" He groaned, turning back to the whiteboard so he could continue jotting notes down. "I'll be able to explain it better when it's all in front of me."

Using all my willpower to bite my tongue at his rudeness, I finally finish the story... again.

With a hand rested on his chin, he stepped back to take in everything he had written. After a few minutes of waiting for him to do or say something, I decided to take a look myself.

"Did you find anything useful?" He jumped as I appeared by his side, hands flying to form blades like some sort of defense pose.

I took a step back to give him space as he let out a sigh, holding a hand over his chest. "I could very well annihilate you right where you stand with the blink of an eye." He smiles menacingly, one eye twitching in annoyance.

"Ha! Ha ha... ha..." I force out an awkward laugh as I take a few steps back, creating a sizable gap in between us.

I clear my throat, urging him to explain what he had written, which he does after gaining his composure "It's so strange.. everything leading up to you stumbling upon the old set makes sense, and I'm quite glad that hell hole got what it deserved. But people usually aren't allowed in here unless..." His little ramble is cut short as he lets out a faint gasp, eyes widening in realization.

"What? Unless what?" I pry, moving closer to him once again.

He lets out an airy, half hearted chuckle "Well, it seems like you may not be as dull as I suspected." I furrow my brows together at his backhanded compliment, but keep quiet to let him continue. "Someone here had to have let you in. Meaning one of my dear neighbors and friends are the one that, as you say, kidnapped you." He made sure to add air quotes at the last part.

Everyone I had met here flashed by in my mind. They all seemed so friendly it was hard to believe, even if I had suspected it from the beginning. I guess you really can't judge a book by it's cover.

Wally flips the white board around so we had a blank canvas to work on. He writes down the name of everyone living in the neighborhood minus himself and I. Letting out a sigh, he steps back to take in all of the names listed. "To think one of my own friends would bring a parasite into our neighborhood." He mumbled, just loud enough to make sure I heard as he cast me a distasteful glance.