𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯

I made sure to be up and ready long before the time Wally requested the night prior. Though i've been dying to know why he changed his mind on helping me, even if it's just as small of a favor as borrowing his phone, I'll take anything I can get. Hopefully I can somehow get myself on his good side if I just show up on time and try to be friendly. Even though that didn't help much before, there's no harm in trying.

I knocked on his door at exactly 11 am, which seemed to wake up his home. See, I had forgotten about the fact that his house was actually alive, so when the blinds opened, revealing pupils that seemed to stare into my soul. "H-hello.. um... Home? Is Wally inside? I'm supposed to meet him here."

The red house's "eyes" creased at the edges as if it were smiling, just minus the mouth. It started creaking happily before throwing open the door, exposing the inside of the very colorful home. "Oh! Should I wait for him inside?" I turned back towards one of the eye windows.

Home creaked in response before gently swinging the door, not enough to close it entirely, more like it was waving me inside. I understood and smiled at the house, patting the doorway gently as I entered "Thank you! I'm (y/n) by the way, it's nice to meet you!" Home flapped its shutters happily, making a high pitched squeaking sound.

The sound of footsteps growing closer from the hall reminded me of the reason I was here. Upon entering the room, I could see he was wearing some very colorful loungewear. He wasn't exactly disheveled looking, but he definitely wasn't as put together as I usually see him. In fact, I think this is the first time i've seen him in something other than the outfit he wears on the show: a royal blue sweater with rainbow stripped pants and a red ribbon around his neck to top it all off.  Now however, he was sporting a light blue and white striped sweater with a pair of white cargo sweats.

"Home, what's with all the ruckus?" Wally asked sweetly, taking me by surprise. It's not like anyone else is around, he didn't have to put on an act. I was sure he would've chewed out Home for all the noise it was making.

As soon as the blue haired man spotted me, I swear I could've seen his pupils dilate as his one eye twitched, yet he kept a tight pressed smile. "Hello neighbor. What are you doing in my home?" It was clear he was using all of his self control to not scream or just straight up murder me.

I raised an eyebrow as I pointed to the old apple shaped clock hanging by the door. "Its 11 in the morning. Yesterday you said I could come over and borrow your phone, remember?"

He let out a tired sigh "Oh yes, right. But like I said before, it's no use. It won't work." Before I could ask him what he meant by that, he motioned me over to a bright red rotary phone sitting in his living room. "10 minutes." He left for the kitchen where, by the looks of it, he began to make breakfast.

Staring down at the antique device, I finally realized that they only seemed to have old technology here...

"DID I GO BACK IN TIME??"

"Hey Wally-"

"My friends call me Wally. You are an intruder- call me Mr. Darling." His back was turned to me, but I could still sense the venom in his tone.

I couldn't help but roll my eyes. "Do you know what year it is?"

He stopped mixing what I assume was pancake batter from the delicious smell and slowly turned towards me with his eyebrows furrowed together, staring at me like I had five heads. "Last time I checked it was 2023..?"

"Alright good." I breathed out in relief.

He opened his mouth to ask about my strange questions, but quickly shut it, remembering who he was talking to and that he didn't care enough. "6 more minutes neighbor."

"Shit."

Having wasted enough time, I spun the dial around to each digit of my mom's phone number while silently cursing how slow the machine was.
Finally, I pressed the cold, plastic phone to my ear as it began to ring.

Once.

Twice.

*Click*

My heart leaped out of my chest with excitement, simultaneously feeling a wave of relief. "Mom!  I don't know where I am or who brought me here. Im not hurt and I don't think I'm in any immediate danger but-"

"Not in any danger?" An uncanny voice spoke from the other end.

My blood ran cold.

That's not my mom..

"I told you neighbor..."  Warm breath hit my neck, making me gasp. I didn't need to turn around to know who it was. Wally placed his hand on top of mine, slowly pushing the phone away from my ear and back into its holder. "...that's not going to work." He chuckled darkly into my ear.

Suddenly filled with unexplainable terror, I spun around to try and push him off of me, only to be pinned to the wall behind me... again. I tried to wriggle out of his grasp, which only made him squeeze my wrists harder. I gasped in pain, causing him to burst out laughing. "Oh jeez you're a riot!" He stepped back, his whole demeanor changing as he ran a hand through his swirly hair and went back to the kitchen as if nothing had happened.

After taking a moment to collect myself, now that the strange wave of fear had vanished, I examined my still throbbing wrist. Red marks in the shape of fingers were still wrapped around it; there would definitely be a bruise later. The sight alone made my blood boil, and the sound of him whistling across the room definitely didn't help.

I stomped my way over to where he stood flipping pancakes on the stove. "What the hell is wrong with you you psycho!?" I glared up at him, my fingernails digging into my palms to keep me from sucker punching his smug face.

"Ouch neighbor, name calling isn't very nice you know." He fake pouted.

I was baffled to say the least. How could he just return to cooking pancakes as if he didn't just assault me!? "Alright look, I really don't get what your problem with me is, but I want me to leave just as much as you. So you can either suck it up and help me get home or you might just be stuck with me."

He stalled his breakfast making as he froze for a moment. His face was turned away from me, but I knew he was thinking about what I said. "And what if I don't help you?" His voice was quieter, but still had his usual taunting tone.

Honestly, I didn't think this far ahead. My anger and adrenaline were doing all the talking right now. I chewed the inside of my cheek to help me think. When I went to fold my arms, a sharp pain shot through both of my wrists, making me wince. I examined them both once again, noticing a small bruise already forming on both of them.

A light bulb went off in my head, a smirk creeping onto my face. I guess my only choice now was to stoop to his level. "Well, Mr. Darling, what do your friends think about bullies?"

His hand tightened so hard around the handle of the pan I could see his knuckles starting to turn white. "Why do you ask?"  I still can't see his face, but his tone tells me I better choose my next words wisely.

"I mean, I'm just wondering what they would think if they saw their best friend did this." I held out both of my wrists as he glanced over to see what I was talking about. His eyes widened for a moment, glued to the marks he left on my arms with an unreadable expression. "Then again, they don't have to know. You just have to help me get home."

His eyebrows furrowed, lips pressing into a tight line as his hands gripped so tight onto the edge of the counter I thought it might break. I held my breath as I waited for what felt like an eternity. "Fine" He muttered, barley audible as his head hung low, facing the ground. A wave of relief and joy rushed through me at the idea that i'm one step closer to getting home. I opened my mouth to thank him, but quickly shut it when his dilated pupils met mine. His face held no emotion, but it was still enough to send those same chills through my body.

"But if you ever threaten me like that again I won't hesitate to kill you."