Chapter One: The Wire

*I just want to say that at the start of this story there is a bit of child abuse so if you would prefer not to read it then I advise you NOT to. The child abuse is only in the first and second chapter, after those chapters the story changes dramaticaly with no more abuse. My story won't be circled around love or teenage romance so if  you were hoping for a romance I would advise you not to read this, though I hope you do anyway.

My story is about fantasy, super powers, friendship, battles and action*

Enjoy people. Thanks for trying out my story. Hope you like it

***********************

He slapped me across the face, it hurt but I was used to it.

“You stupid child. I told you to get them ready for dinner and now I can’t wear them. You’re lucky I don’t kick you out of the house,” my father hissed, pushing me up against the wall.

“I’m s...sorry” I stammered. He slapped me again. I knew it was going to leave a bruise.

“You’re sorry.” He spat. “You have used that stupid apology on me one too many times” He grabbed me by my shoulders and pulled me out of his room. I knew where he was leading me. I had been there many times before. It was an awful place but I had learned to love its peace and quiet. It was the only place that my mother and father would leave me alone. I called it The wire because it had barbed wire tangled around it. The wire was a dark room near the basement. My parents put me in there when they got really annoyed with me. The walls are layered with barbed wire while the floor is covered in grease. The room is so small that I can only just curl up in a ball.

When my parents first made The wire I was terrified of it. Every time I was taken to it I would scream and dig my heels into the ground, but now I know that nothing will change my parent’s behaviour towards me no matter how much I scream and yell they will just take pleasure in my pain.

My dad tugged me down the hall towards The wire. I know I don’t deserve this punishment, I had just forgotten to put on another layer of polish on my dad’s already shinny shoes but that’s life, nobody can have it perfect. I guess god just didn’t have the time to give me an easy life. But food on the table and a roof above my head is good enough for me, even though I am an unwanted child with horrible parents. Win some loss some.

I saw the door looming closer; my dad was dragging me roughly towards it. He was reaching forward to open it when I heard the shrill voice of my mother.

“George, don’t take her in yet. I need someone to help me with my hair,” she shrieked. I sighed, I hated doing her hair, she always falsely accused me of doing something wrong which would then condemn me to some type of physical torture.

My father grumbled something before shoving me back down the hallway towards my mother’s room.

“OW. You burned me, you worthless cow. You could’ve burnt my skin off. I have done nothing but care for you all my life and you repay me by giving me third degree burns” my mother yelled at me. I jumped back. I hadn’t even put the straightened on her hair and she has already making some story up. I braced myself for her wrath.