Chapter Five: First Friends

hello everybody,

I may be a little slow on the updates but I try my hardest and it is hard with school and sport.

Nothing big happens in this chapter but I hope you like it anyway.

Read, vote and comment.

********************

Chapter four

"Press you hand here," Claire said pointing at the small blue panel on the wall.

"What does it do?" I asked looking closely at the panel.

"It catalogues you into the schools system, it keeps a record of everywhere you go," Clair said matter of factly.

"That's freaky. That means they can follow you wherever you go. Why do they need to know that we're in the cafeteria anyway?" I said.

"Don't ask me, how do except me to know? This school is weird; I can't believe we have to keep a diary. A diary, that's like the 17th century stuff," Claire said playfully punching my shoulder.

"Go on, have a try," Miffy pushed me to the panel. I stumbled and looked back over my shoulder to see if they were joking. They weren't.

I reached a shaky hand forwards and touched the panel with the tip of my finger. It was like a rubbery jelly and my finger fell further into it then I intended, so I wrenched my hand back. It had felt weird.

"Your such a wuss," I heard Miffy say before pushing past me and plunging her hand into the jelly like substance.

The blue panel lit up and emitted a high beeping sound.

Miffy spread her fingers out on the panel; it was just deep enough to cover up to her wrist.

We waited five seconds and it wasn't until the lights and sound stopped that Miffy withdrew her hand out of the panel. The panel then flashed green three times.

I looked carefully at her hand. It seemed normal, no trace of the jelly stuff at all. The panel had also reformed into an un-broken surface, so it didn't look like Miffy had had her hand in it.

"They have these in all of the main rooms in the school. As well as in your bedroom, they also don't let you into some rooms."

"Okay, kind of stalkerish," I said looking at them both.

"Only the headmistress can get into the system, and it's supposed to be pretty tight," Claire said, then she walked forwards and immersed her hand into the panel.

The same thing happened with Claire and when she was finished I slowly reached out my hand to the panel. Before I could do anything else I felt the two girls grab my arm and push it into the jelly stuff.

It felt slimy but cool on my hands. Nothing else happened. I thought it might hurt or something but it was a nice pleasant feeling.

The flashing stopped and the green light flashed, so I pulled my hand out. I touched my hand, it didn't seem any different.

"We need to go quickly," Claire said pulling me through the big metal door that had just opened next to the panel.

We all rushed through and when we had gotten to the other side I looked up and saw my first ever cafeteria.

When Miffy and Claire had explained it to me, my imagination had gone wild. I had imagined bright lights and futuristic technology. So saying that I was disappointed is an understatement. The cafeteria was smelly and dirty.