Chapter Ten: The Powers of Shifting

Hi everybody,

I'm sorry I haven't uploaded in a while but I haven't had a lot of time. please tell me if this chapter makes sence or not because I don't think it does.

This is the first part of the chapter but because I thought that you have been waiting patiently I decided to just put it up.

And there may be some questions about how the school works after you have read so please tell me or I may have them in the next chapter because I can already think of a few.

Thanks, Vote, comment, Fan :)

Liz

*************

Chapter Ten

I slowly opened my eyes, blinking a few times and looked around. I was lying in a white bed and I realised that it was a hospital bed. There was a drip next to me with an aqua coloured liquid which attached to my wrist. There were a few monitors around and I looked down to see that I was dressed in a hospital gown. 

I've only ever been in a hospital once before (not counting being born) and that was when my dad had pushed me down a flight of stairs. He only took me to the hospital because I couldn’t do any work with a broken leg. He'd gotten really pissed off at me for breaking my leg, which wasn’t even my fault.

There was an empty bed next to me but I was completely alone. I was starting to wonder what I should do when a middle aged lady bustled into the room. She had a white lab coat on and a pair of glasses sitting on the end of her nose.

“Oh good you’re awake,” she said, coming towards the bed. I watched as she checked some of the monitors beside me. “We are just going to do the general check and then you will be free to go” she said to me.

“What happened?” I asked.

“You’ve been in a type of coma for three days,” she said checking my drip.

“Three...Three days” I spluttered astonished “Why?”

“You got hit in the head by a metal drink bottle. You had a minor concussion but no more damage. Emma come here,” she yelled the last bit out the door. A second later a young girl ran into the room. She had frizzy red hair in short thick plaits, she was fair skinned and had quite a few freckles dotted across her face. She jogged over to the lady, a clipboard in her hand.

“Yes?” she asked looked over at me.

“Just the normal, she’s stabilized so after you’ve finished let the principle know them she can leave.” The older lady smiled reassuringly at me. Emma looked awfully young to be a nurse but then again what would I know.

----------------

“Ow” I yelled loudly.

“Sorry, that’s the last one” Emma said as she put the swab into a little tube.

“Okay we’ve finished here, I just have to analyse them but I’m sure we won’t find anything. In the mean time the head mistress would like to have a chat. Don’t worry it’s nothing bad,” Emma added when she saw my concerned expression. I hope I’m not in trouble? My parents told me that I should be grateful to them because they don’t give me a very hard time compared to school teachers. They explained to me all of the torture devises that teacher’s use on kids, though I hadn’t seen any kind of abuse since I'd been here.