From the future

--- Sam ---

(ONE MONTH AFTER THE EVENTS OF BEATRIX'S RESCUE)

We were having breakfast outdoors just the two of us and nature around us, Aster Dell. It's slowly being reborn we are rebuilding houses we are reviving the town that was thought destroyed like a florist does when he nurtures the plant that is slowly growing. I feel free and strong we help each other me and Beatrix for now we just want to be quiet and what other place but this city.

"Musa, Riven I wonder if one day you will be able to forgive us for what we recklessly caused you. all this time we have been prisoners of the enemy I hope we will one day be able to say hello to each other again".

Beatrix:<< love, breakfast is ready...a bit rustic mode but it always works>>, she said drawing my attention towards her.

I walked over and gave him an intense kiss on the mouth.

Beatrix took my mobile phone and flipped through the photos I had saved in the photo album on my phone until she showed me a photo of me and Musa. I looked at it for a few moments and then turned my gaze away as if that innocuous photo was bothering me just by looking at it.

Beatrix commented on the photo telling me: << are you sure we are doing the right thing for the two of them? >>, she said while still staring at that damned photo

:<<I don't know...I'm done with the paragraph about Muse, I'm going to delete the photo>>, I said, trying to take the phone from Beatrix's hands.

Beatrix:<<you don't have to delete the photo because of me...and you can't ignore the fact that you care about Musa...I only want what's good for Riven and I know he's doing his own thing...but by doing that we both know he can destroy this forest...something happened to Musa!!!>>, she said, worrying a lot and starting to tremble.

:<< how could the two of us help them??>>, I asked curious to hear her answer.

Beatrix:<< We know that the enemy only wants one thing and has wanted it for who knows how many centuries...I'm afraid that Musa and Riven's lives are at risk, but above all, the girls are at risk, the little ones who are growing in Musa's womb are the ones who are calling us to them>>, she said worriedly.

But if it gives you peace of mind, I'll call my sister and ask her how the two of them are,'' I said, reassuring her by hugging her in my arms.

Beatrix:<< but do you remember what we did a fortnight ago?>>, she said looking at her belly.

:<< Exactly, I don't remember, but we did it, otherwise it doesn't explain how you got pregnant? We were pretty drunk I admit it>>, I said smiling at him.

I took my mobile phone in my hand and called Terra, who answered immediately saying:<< Sam!!! How long has it been? What happened to you! How is Beatrix? Have you heard from Musa>>

Beatrix, crying said:<< I told you something happened to Musa!

:<< sister Beatrix is fine but we are both worried about Riven and Musa>>, I said replying to my sister, while wiping away Beatrix's tears.

I tried to calm Beatrix who became very agitated but all of a sudden something abnormal appeared in front of us, as if by magic a portal opened and out of it came two boys, namely, a girl and a boy, who hid behind a wall of a house.

The girl is identical to Musa in complexion and features with dark blue hair fading to magenta her eyes are heterochromatic, i.e. the iris of the right eye is dark blue, the other iris is violet. On the other hand, the boy has hair that tends to red like Beatrix's, with a rosy complexion similar to mine if not identical, the same goes for the features of his face and body, moreover, his eyes are a lighter brown than Beatrix's.

Terra on the other end of the phone said shouting almost shattering my eardrums:<< is everything alright brother? Have you by any chance eaten a toad??>>

Beatrix:<< Terra, sorry but we really have to hang up now>>, with a gesture I hung up the call.

I put my mobile phone back in my trouser pocket and then both Beatrix and I start rubbing our eyes for a while.

I shouted to the two boys who were still hiding behind a wall.

The girl:<< you say that neither my parents nor your parents will find us here?>>, she said addressing the boy.

The boy:<< Elisha Abigail...a little bit of trust to your love who is called Jacob Freddie, my love...I know if your mother finds out we're doomed but you see the city is isolated>>.

:<< Jacob Freddie, how do you know my grandfather's name is like that?>>, I said, shouting louder than before.

Beatrix:<< Sam scares the two of them so they don't know we're here...yet it's not like we're Stella, who can transform herself as an invisible fairy>>, she said taking me by the hand.

The girl showed herself in front of us and at her side the boy approached, we remained staring at each other for I don't know how long but none of the four of us uttered a word, we could only hear the noise of nature around us and after a good half hour Beatrix took courage and said: <<why?>>