minji

as minji stepped into the daycare, her hand tightly holding onto her mother's, she felt a surge of anxiety. she clutched her teddy bear tightly in her other hand for comfort.

"mama, i'm scared," she whispered, gripping her mother's finger tightly.

her mother knelt down and gave her a reassuring smile. "it's okay to be scared, minji. but you'll have a wonderful time here with ms. kim and new friends! i'll be back to pick you up later."

minji nodded, but still felt unsure. "what if i don't like it here? what if nobody likes me?"

her mother took her hand and led her over to ms. kim, the daycare teacher. "ms. kim, this is minji. she's feeling a little nervous today."

ms. kim knelt down with a warm smile. "hi minji! i'm ms. kim, the teacher in the daycare. don't worry, we'll have lots of fun together! would you like to come and play with some toys while we wait for the other kids to arrive?"

minji nodded shyly, and ms. kim led her over to a bin of toys. she picked out a doll and started to play with it, her nerves still getting the best of her.

as she played, she heard the door open and looked up to see nobody. it was just her and ms. kim. minji felt a little disheartened that she was the only one there.

but ms. kim noticed her expression and smiled warmly. "don't worry, minji. more children will be joining us soon. you'll have lots of friends to play with in no time!"

minji's face lit up with hope. "really?"

"really," ms. kim nodded. "until then, we can play together and have fun with all the toys. and who knows, maybe you'll find something new and exciting to do all by yourself."

minji looked around the toy bin and spotted a small dinosaur toy. she picked it up and made it go "roar!" as she pretended to stomp around the room. she then brought the dinosaur over to her doll and teddy bear and made them have a conversation.

"hi, i'm princess minji," she said in a high-pitched voice, holding up the doll. "what's your name?"

the teddy bear replied in a cute voice, "i'm teddy, nice to meet you princess minji."

the dinosaur then chimed in with a deep growl, "i'm dino, and i'm a fierce dinosaur! roar!"

minji giggled and continued to make up conversations between the three toys. she imagined the doll and teddy bear were going on a picnic, and the dinosaur was trying to sneak up on them to steal their food. she made the dinosaur go "roar!" as it pretended to chase after the other toys.

"oh no! the dinosaur is evil!" minji made the princess exclaim and dragged it around the floor, pretending to make it run.

just then, the door opened. minji looked up excitedly, hoping that it was one of the new friends ms. kim had promised her.