Sometimes you don't get to be with the one you want

Seungcheol was exhausted.
Starting his own business, turning into entrepreneur, converting from an employee to an employer was taking a toll on his health but that's the price you pay to be successful.

He had started a consultancy firm for students who wanted to study abroad.
Doing the work wasn't the problem.
But being the boss he did consultancy work less and financial and desk job more.
He didn't know how much responsibility falls on an employer's shoulder to keep the business running. He ran his brain all day to put out fires.

Thankfully he had the best employees in the form of Soonyoung, Junhui and the intern Chan. Intern was just for the name, Chan has been working his ass off for last six months and being paid crumbs. Seungcheol meant to change that today and to hire him as a full time employee.

He was lost in his thoughts when the door to his office burst open and someone entered.

"Hyung you won't believe what happened today" Vernon said fighting for breath.

"Aaahhh Happy Birthday Birthday Boy!!! What do you want as a present this year??" Seungcheol welcomed him.

"Ohh thanks. When I woke up you were already gone. You could've waited for me to wake up and be the first person to wish me you know" Vernon said sulking.

"And rob your pretty boyfriend the chance of doing the honours??? No way Never" Seungcheol grinned. "And you know I gotta earn to buy you a gift Hansol, a man's gotta earn!!"

"You haven't even met him and you love him so much. Don't try to steal him from me or else I won't let you two meet today." Vernon warned.

"As if you can stop me" Seungcheol scoffed. "Anyway, how was your exam??"

"Ohhh about that, you won't believe what happened. You know Chloe???? She was caught copying from her phone today!! What kinda dumbass does that. The exam wasn't even that difficult."

"Did they let her complete the exam??"

"Naah, it happened 10 minutes before the bell rang. They confiscated the phone and her answer sheet. Idk what'll happen now."

"Don't worry about it, it's not your business anyway. She shouldn't have cheated in the first place."

Vernon nodded

"So where do you wanna go for dinner??"

"Hyung about that, do you mind going a little early, like 6-ish, Seungkwan's hyung got a promotion today, and he wanted to celebrate with him too. So we could finish dinner early and he could go with his hyung then. They're going to the club at Harhan and we could go to the restaurant there so traveling won't be a problem. What do you say???"

"Let me check it with Junhui, if he'll close the office, then we can go early."

"Alright, you get back to me with that. I gotta run now. My friends are waiting for me to surprise me with a party but the dumbasses forgot to remove me from the group chat, so now I know everything aaand in 10 minutes they'll reach home and I need to practice my surprised expression in the mirror" Vernon said checking his watch.

"Don't stay too much with your friends, you'll turn into a dumbass too." Seungcheol shouted at his brother's back.

"See ya at 6 hyung" Vernon shouted from somewhere.

Seungcheol chuckled and called Junhui to ask him if he'll close up the office.

"Yo boss what's up??"
"Junhui you're late"
"No I'm not, I'm working from home"
"Who gave you permission to work from home??"
"Ohh come on boss, we all know you wouldn't have said no if I asked."
"That's true" Seungcheol agreed begrudgingly.
"So what's up?"
"Stop joking around and come to office. Where are you anyway??"
"In front of you" Junhui said at the same time the front door of office opened and Junhui materialized out of nowhere.
"I see ya" Seungcheol said before hanging up.
"The tyre of my motorbike got punctured. I had to leave it to get repaired and hail a taxi."
"Ohh that's too bad. Anyway would you close up the office today?? I gotta go out with Vernon at 6. Can you stay till 7 and close up??"
"Of course why not" Junhui said mimicking Mingyu and both of them started laughing.
"Cool then, now go prepare for that new zealand kid today. He wants to study music there"
"Yeah I know. See ya later" Junhui said going towards his desk.

Seungcheol went to his cabin. The only cabin in the relatively tiny office. It wasn't much but it was all his.

Before he could start working the door to his office opened again revealing a girl with skinny jeans, a blazer and a halter top, a designer handbag and clicking heels.

"Hey Jeongyeon what're you doing here today?? Thought we were meeting tomorrow" Seungcheol said smirking

"Ugh I had an awfully bad day. I know I'm hella good at what I do but noone could've saved today's deal. Not even you. But who's gonna tell Dad that?? Ever since you left he just can't get on top of his shit. He didn't even sulk so much when Mom cheated on him, what magic did you do on him?? He's been eating my ears for last two hours and I just couldn't stay a minute more with him. What about you? Do you have time right now?"

"I wonder if he would still love me so much if he knew I'm fucking his daughter??"

"No. Maybe yes. Who knows?? He's wrapped around your finger. Although I do wish he won't love you then. It's not like we're dating. And banging without dating?? A father has to be angry about it."

Seungcheol laughed at that

"So, you wanna fuck right now?"

"Anytime for you babe" Seungcheol said getting up and attacking Jeongyeon's lips like a starving man.

"Let's get out of here" Jeongyeon said coming up for breath.

They both moved towards the front door ignoring Junhui's whistle noises. Before they could open the door it was opened by Soonyoung who almost spilled his Americano on the couple.

"Jeez you guys get a room"

"That's what we're gonna do" Jeongyeon giggled

"Radisson or Pallazio?" Seungcheol asked fighting for breath

"What's nearer?" Jeongyeon asked

"Nerisso is the closest. Ugh you guys get out of here" a frustrated Soonyoung replied.

"Copy that" They both said at the same time and kept running towards her car.

Seungcheol's life wasn't ideal and there was a lot of work pressure. But he had his ways to loosen up. Supportive coworkers, a loving brother and non demanding fuck buddy. What else could a guy ask for.  Seungcheol thought. A lot of things. His subconscious replied. Whatever. We don't always get whatever we wish for. I know it more than anyone else.