cold// tyler

tyler shivered, sniffling as he tugged up the blankets you had placed on his lap. he claimed to have been freezing cold, even though he was wearing long sleeves and the house was heated. he had a cold today, evident by his stuffy nose and sore throat he had complained to you about just moments ago. not only that, but the dark hue under his eyes made him look exhausted.

you went into the kitchen to make him a warm cup of coffee in hopes that it would soothe his throat. on days like this, tyler loved to be babied. he might not admit it, but it was quite obvious that he enjoyed the way you fussed over him. and truthfully, you loved taking care of him too. he always made sure to tend to your every want and need when you weren't feeling well, so it was only fair for you to do it in return.

when you finished making the coffee, you brought out the mug and carefully handed it to tyler. you sat beside him and gently rubbed the back of his neck as you watched him occasionally take a few sips. eventually, when he was done, he placed the cup on the small table in front of you, groaning as he leaned back. "i have to work today," he told you suddenly, his voice nasally and raspy. you furrowed your eyebrows, not quite understanding why he'd even want to work when he felt like this.

"seriously? why don't you just take a break for today?"

"i have a song that's almost done," he replied, and then sneezed. he grabbed a tissue from the box beside him and wiped his nose. "i don't want to interrupt the process."

"let me know if you need anything, then," you said, and left it at that. you knew that there was no use in arguing when it came to his music. if he was inspired and felt motivated to finish that song, you didn't want to stop him from doing so.

with that, tyler slowly stood up, wrapping a blanket around his shoulders as he made his way upstairs. when he disappeared up the staircase, you noticed that he had left the tissue box down here. he would no doubt need that if he was going to be working in his studio all day. you sighed, picking up the box with the intention of bringing it up to him, but then you thought about getting him a glass of water. tissue box in hand, you went back into the kitchen and filled up a glass with ice for him.

just as you were about to head up to him, you remembered that you had cough drops in the pantry. those were good for when you had a cold, so you made sure to grab a bag of those.

with cough drops, tissue box, and a glass of water in hand, you realized that tyler would definitely appreciate having a snack. you placed everything down as you, once again, went into the pantry to find something for him to eat. a bag of chips, and maybe a cookie would do. you piled up everything in your arms and trudged your way upstairs, trying not to drop anything.

when you walked into tyler's studio, his eyes were focused on his computer screen.

"hi!" you called cheerfully, causing tyler to whip his head around. his eyes widened when he saw all that you were holding, and he looked ready to get up and help you, but you stopped him. "it's okay, i got it."

"what's all this?" he asked as you placed each item on his desk.

"tissues, of course. water, in case you get thirsty. cough drops, because those will help you feel better. snacks, since you're going to get hungry," you explained, smiling.

"thank you," he told you, his eyes softening. he leaned up to kiss you, but then paused just before your lips. "right. i'm contagious. forgot about that," he said with a slight laugh. you pressed your lips against his anyway, not minding at all that he was contagious. you had already kissed him last night and slept next to him, so it didn't matter much.

"just call if you need anything else," you said, and he nodded. you turned around, making your way back downstairs.

xxx