sad beautiful tragic// tyler

She threw his yellow t-shirt over her head, his scent invading her senses. It smelt like home- his home. She missed his scent. The past few months she had been stuck in her own house, avoiding anything that could remind her of the boy who she hated to love.

It was like all of her memories of him had turned bitter after their argument. She often found herself reminiscing of their used-to-be relationship, but could only feel down when she realized that she had managed to lose so much. She wanted to forget him, but it was hard, especially when she still loved him wholeheartedly.

The note he had written her a few months before their breakup was stuffed safely in her drawer. She wanted it in her room, a place where she could grab it at anytime for reassurance and comfort. It was the same reason she kept his t-shirt. It felt like he was still there, wrapping his arms around her. Like he had never left in the first place.

It wasn't often nowadays that she would wear his t-shirt, but today she felt a strong longing for the boy. So she opened the drawer beside her bed and pulled out the note, the sight of his small handwriting already being enough to trigger her emotions.

Hey.

If you're reading this, it's probably because you're feeling alone. That's why I wrote this. So that when I'm away on tour, you have this little paper written purely by me to assure you that I love you and I will always be with you.

They say distance can break two people apart, but not us. I know we're in different cities right now, but I'm thinking of you, and I hope you're thinking of me. And as long as we both keep each other in our thoughts, we'll never truly be apart.

Anyway, I miss you.

Tyler

Her eyes scanned the page over and over again, reading it countless times. She could've probably remembered it at this point.

Right at the end, beside his name, was a tiny heart doodled in pen. It was small, something that seemed meaningless, but it brought tears to her eyes. So much to the point that her face was all red and her eyes became puffy, and the tears that were once streaming down her cheeks were now staining the fabric of the yellow shirt. She hugged it to her body, trying to breathe in more of his scent, but it had dissipated during the months he had been gone.

When she got like this, she would go on her phone, go to his contact, and leave her finger hesitating right above the 'call' button. So many times, she had come so close to calling, but the fear of him still being angry held her back.

But maybe what they had could be revived.

They never used to argue much. Their time was filled with rosy cheeks and giggles, wide smiles and hand holding. The last argument was what seemed to break them, but it wasn't important enough to deserve the outcome it caused.

It ended with low voices and silent sobs, mumbled words and shaking hands. When she quietly shut the door behind her on her way out, it was like they had both given up. She didn't come back inside like she wished she could've, and he didn't run after her. She didn't want that to be her last memory of him.

She wanted more memories, more of what they had previously. But the only way she could get that back was if she called. If only she could...

Her thoughts were interrupted by her phone ringing. She made sure to check the name before she answered, just in case. It read Tyler. It felt like her heart had skipped a beat, and anxiety pulsed through her veins. She couldn't just ignore the call, that would only show that she had no more interest in him. But of course she did. She hadn't stopped loving him. So she quickly answered the call, taking deep breaths to calm herself down from the crying fit she had just had.

"Hey," his voice said on the other line. It warmed her heart, hearing him again. It was like a warm spring approaching after a bare winter. Refreshing. "I was thinking about you... and I miss you. So I called. I was scared you wouldn't answer." She found herself getting emotional again at his words. She definitely wasn't expecting this today.

"I miss you too, Tyler," she managed to choke out between her tears of happiness. "I'm sorry for everything that happened before, and I just hope we can forget it and move on because..." she paused, trying to wipe the tears from her eyes, "because I still love you." Tyler quietly chuckled to himself. She could almost see the small smile on his beautiful face.

"And I'm sorry too. I've forgotten about it, a long time ago. I just," he sighed, "I need to see you again. Please come over."

"I'll be right there."