Fun Facts / Information

This is just a little chapter to tell you some things you might not know. Like little bits about characters and how I came up with the title, etc. Hope you enjoy!

The Making Of The Book:

- This story wasn't actually called 'Inciting Events' when I first started writing. It was originally called 'Si Te Atreves A Amar', which means 'If You Dare To Love' in Spanish. I scrapped that title because I was writing for an English audience, so a Spanish title didn't seem to make sense. I could've called the book 'If You Dare To Love' but I thought it sounded cheesy. After a really long brainstorming session, though, I eventually came to the name 'Inciting Events' because it sounded really cool.

- For the book cover, I took a pen and taped it to my wall, and edited it a bit with lighting and coloring until I was satisfied with it. If you also look at some of my other books, you'll also notice a pattern of this pen being in the cover as I've decided to use it as a form of branding. I don't know why that specific pen, but that was just what I ended up on. Also, the font used on the cover is called 'DM Serif'.

- At the start of this book, I had no idea it would take such a dark turn in some respects, but it did.

Original Characters And Facts About Them:

Lily Pad / Andraia Williams -

- Her husband died while the two of them were on a mission together, and she had to watch him die because Helt wouldn't let her help him as it was considered too risky.

- She is a bit of a mother figure for Brynleigh.

- Her suit is a mix of a lilac purple and a more dark purple.

- She can heal injuries and ailments just by looking at them.

- She has been working at Helt since she was nineteen and met her husband there.

- When Brynleigh first came to Helt, Lily Pad was assigned to take care of her and show her around.

- She makes the best hot cocoa.

Julian Rodriguez / Juli -

- Juli is mixed, his father was Columbian, and his mother is Mexican.

- Yes, Juli's name is meant to be said with a Spanish accent where the J is pronounced as an English H. His name is pronounced (hool - eon). Or his nickname (hool - ee).

- His father died in a car accident when he was seven, so his mother continued to raise him and his other siblings.

- He has two brothers and two sisters.

- His whole family is really great, and he works part time at Helt, barely does anything, just helps out cause he's a kid.

- He is twelve in the story.

- He has the ability to manipulate gravity.

- His superhero name is 'Float'.

- He wasn't actually supposed to help at the attack, but he snuck into one of the cars and joined the fight.

- He looks up to Cyrus because he reminds him of his dead father.

Tempest -

- His real name is Jacob Hensen.

- He has a little sister named Sarah who hates him.

- He is in his mid to late twenties.

- He kidnapped Cyrus because he saw him in a news article where he made an impressive robot and wanted that kid to make his weapons.

- No one knows how he made Cyrus's fake death look so real.

Dorinna Singh -

- Has worked at Helt for twenty-seven years.

- She has multiple degrees in a variety of subjects.

- When Brynleigh announced the attack, she was happy because she had placed a bet with some coworkers that she was up to something big.

- She genuinely likes black coffee.

- The type of person to advertise her business at someone's funeral.

Questions For You Guys:

- Who was your favorite character?

- Did you enjoy the book?

- What was your favorite part?

- Which was your favorite family renouin, Anders or Pasternacks?

- Who was your least favorite character?

Final Words:

- I am literally so happy that some of you liked this book. It really makes me happy, and your guys' comments light up my days when it's been bad. So, thank you for that.

- It's honestly a bit surreal thinking that this is probably the last thing I'll post on this book because I've poured myself into this for the last couple of months. I'm so happy to move on to my next project, but this book will still mean a lot to me.

- I don't really know what else to say, to be honest. So, for the last time in this book. Hope you enjoyed! Bye!